Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Yup. Have a gba emulator on 3ds. [: I enjoy those.
Cool, have you played Fire Emblem Path of Radiance or Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War? Those are two of my favorites. There's also another Fire Emblem game called Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia coming out May 19 and it's really good, I've played it.
Other games
Advance Wars
Golden Sun
FF Tactics
Fire Emblem Requim (A really good romhack of Fire Emblem Blazing Sword)
Tear Ring Saga and it's sequels

Last edited by Seliph,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Try Stella Glow, hardly anyone seem to know about it. It's a turnbased strategic RPG. Think Fire Emblem.

freyaN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, have you played Fire Emblem Path of Radiance or Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War? Those are two of my favorites. There's also another Fire Emblem game called Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia coming out May 19 and it's really good, I've played it.
Other games
Advance Wars
Golden Sun
FF Tactics
Fire Emblem Requim (A really good romhack of Fire Emblem Blazing Sword)
Tear Ring Saga and it's sequels
Haven't played those, I'll check them out. tysm. [:

I actually downloaded the new f.e shadows (jpn cia with english patch) but for some reason it hasn't worked on my 3ds. I installed it with fbi and start it up - and the Nintendo 3ds logo goes on a constant loop. Haven't been able to figure out what's wrong. Where'd you get your cia???

MagnesG

GBAtemp Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping for rune factory successor on either 3ds or switch.

@freyaN Btw the zelda game you mentioned is it A link between worlds? If not maybe you should try it. From my experience is it the most newcomer-friendly one from all the series.

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Haven't played those, I'll check them out. tysm. [:

I actually downloaded the new f.e shadows (jpn cia with english patch) but for some reason it hasn't worked on my 3ds. I installed it with fbi and start it up - and the Nintendo 3ds logo goes on a constant loop. Haven't been able to figure out what's wrong. Where'd you get your cia???

I can't tell you specifically where I got mine because that's against the gbatemp guidlines but if you look up fire emblem shadows of valentia cia download it's the first link.

freyaN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't tell you specifically where I got mine because that's against the gbatemp guidlines but if you look up fire emblem shadows of valentia cia download it's the first link.
Well, if we're talking about the same thing then I'm wondering why mine isn't working. lol

AutumnWolf

JRPG enjoyer, Xenoblade, YS and DQ connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Tales of phantasia - GBA
Tales of the Abyss 3DS
Unlucky Mage 3DS
Stella Glow

I liked Unlucky Mage and Tales of Phantasia but you may not like em"

Last edited by AutumnWolf,

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Mmmm, I'm not even sure -- all my other games have worked until now so I'll have to look into that. I didn't think it mattered ;(
Well the reason why I think it's a problem with your cfw version is because the recent Luma update changes the way patching works, it's not a problem with the game it's self. You also want to make sure that you have the right luma settings for the patch to work, it says what the setting are on the github for the patch.

Last edited by Seliph,

freyaN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the reason why I think it's a problem with your cfw version is because the recent Luma update changes the way patching works, it's not a problem with the game it's self. You also want to make sure that you have the right luma settings for the patch to work, it says what the setting are on the github for the patch.
Alrighty, got it. Where exactly do I place the new updated Luma file in my SD? At the root? [:

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Alrighty, got it. Where exactly do I place the new updated Luma file in my SD? At the root? [:
Don't manually install it, that's risky (I think). Do you have Luma3DS updater installed on your 3DS? If you don't, you should get it, it's the easiest and safest method.
After you do update, make sure the settings you have enabled are:
Autoboot Sysnand
Use sysnand firm if booting with R
Enable Game patching
Show nand or user string in system settings
show gba bootscreen in patched agb_firm
patch SVC/service/archive/ARM9 access
enable exception handlers.

freyaN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't manually install it, that's risky (I think). Do you have Luma3DS updater installed on your 3DS? If you don't, you should get it, it's the easiest and safest method.
After you do update, make sure the settings you have enabled are:
Autoboot Sysnand
Use sysnand firm if booting with R
Enable Game patching
Show nand or user string in system settings
show gba bootscreen in patched agb_firm
patch SVC/service/archive/ARM9 access
enable exception handlers.
Oooh ! Okay, tysm for advice. Just updated it and its rebooting.
Settings in the luma app itself?

freyaN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmmm...
Have you turned off your 3DS and turned it back on while holding select? That should bring the settings up.
Yes, but when I turn it back on it just goes to the plain old 3ds thing. No Homebrew or Reinand or anything. Am I changing Reinand settings themselves?

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but when I turn it back on it just goes to the plain old 3ds thing. No Homebrew or Reinand or anything. Am I changing Reinand settings themselves?
Wait, you're using Reinand and not Luma?
I probably should have asked what cfw you use, I have no clue how to get it working on Reinand, sorry.

freyaN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, you're using Reinand and not Luma?
I probably should have asked what cfw you use, I have no clue how to get it working on Reinand, sorry.
Ohhh, lmaooo!

Ahh. It's okay, then. Thank you. Maybe I need to use Boot ntr, it's what I had to do for the new mhxx.. I appreciate it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place