Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I've got it on my Sansa e250 as well..
I feel like I'm in DOS again *shudder*, I know it's powerful, and allows tweaking bliss and all that, but it's just so daunting at first. I'm sure once I've messed with it for a month I'll start getting the hang of it, and probably love it. Until then though, it's an unwieldy beast, and I'm not enjoying the learning process. Tweak freaks will asplode with joy though.. I think that's who it's built for.

I like that it's skinnable, I've got the TDK cassette skin on it now and that's pretty cool. However, I don't get why it won't read the album covers from the mp3 file... at least I don't think it does, does it? Seems like you have to jump through hoops to get it to show a graphic of the song playing.

I'm hoping that once I get the hang of it I'll find it indispensable, but if it doesn't get better pretty soon, I'm just going back to the Sansa's original firmware, which is no great shakes either.

mthrnite is a fair and somewhat balanced individual, who loves his iPods but is willing to try new things.

Javacat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've got it on my iAudio X5 and
wub.gif
it (especially with my custom skin).

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a custom firmware on my Sansa Ewhatever the 8 gig version is.

Was anyone a member of thesansa.com forum? They had some decent stuff going on there, but then it died down after the main guy that was working on SansaManager peaced out.

So Rockbox does work on the sansas and the batteries don't take a huge hit?

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had it on my 2nd gen ipod mini. It wasn't bad until it came to recharging the iPod. Had to start up the original iPod firmware every time I had to recharge it. I went back to the original firmware. I use anapod to copy all my music to the iPod as iTunes is awful.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just updated my Rockbox last week. it's on my 4G gray Ipod.

I used until now a custom build because of a bug with 4g.
It's now corrected, and working fine with last version.

I hate the way Ipod original firmware handle the playlist and/or the ID3 sorting (even more as I'm using Shift jis è_é).
I hate Itunes auto update feature and auto updating the local file.
I had to make tons and tons of playlist, all with short name, because of the Ipod limited screen and big letter's size.

that looked like
Final fantasy...... can't see which one
or Gensou suikoden.... can't see either
had to rename all to ff x, or suiko x
mad.gif

I'm happy I found Rockbox, I can now use folder base browsing, real HDD storage, and no more random renaming in random folder.

Yes, battery life is dramatically short, but I'm happy now. Happiness worth the battery life
tongue.gif

Rulza

Trophies
XP
Country
Have it on my Sansa e280.
With the right settings you can get some insane sound and make the original firmware sound like shit
biggrin.gif

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
I just updated my Rockbox last week. it's on my 4G gray Ipod.

I used until now a custom build because of a bug with 4g.
It's now corrected, and working fine with last version.

I hate the way Ipod original firmware handle the playlist and/or the ID3 sorting (even more as I'm using Shift jis è_é).
I hate Itunes auto update feature and auto updating the local file.
I had to make tons and tons of playlist, all with short name, because of the Ipod limited screen and big letter's size.

that looked like
Final fantasy...... can't see which one
or Gensou suikoden.... can't see either
had to rename all to ff x, or suiko x
mad.gif

I'm happy I found Rockbox, I can now use folder base browsing, real HDD storage, and no more random renaming in random folder.

Yes, battery life is dramatically short, but I'm happy now. Happiness worth the battery life
tongue.gif

Really? is it so bad?
I was thinking about installing it on my old 20G iPod....

Edited:nothing

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf