Hacking Any Region Changer

yohagain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a PAL Wii bought last July, and would like to change it to NTSC.
Is it safe to use this app? How big is the risk of a full brick?
Apparently no one had problems with it, or at least didn't came forward...
Also, does the modchip installed affects in any way the region change?
Thanks!

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
linuxares said:
RupeeClock said:
SanGor said:
yep works you can even use your wiipoints in other regions, you could even buy japanese wiipoints which are 6Euro per 1000 instead of 10Eur per 1000 in europe
That can't be legal, can it?
unsure.gif

It actually is. You still PAY for it, its like importing
wink.gif

Just a note for those who care...it is NOT legal if you don't read the new region's EULA and abide by it, and if you Can't read the new region's EULA because you don't know the language, than almost guaranteed that you have committed a crime if you download from their shop channel. However, I won't tell on you :-) tona mentioned that in the app description too, its not a secret.

the program works great, make sure you are using the 1.1 version....use this as a downgrader over anything else out there, use it if your system even started to update once or something and restore full 3.2

DKII

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to use this to access the Japanese Nintendo Channel on a US Wii. I set everything to Japan and downloaded the Japanese Nintendo Channel from the shop but it gives me WiiConnect24 errors when I try to load the channel. I get the same errors in the US Nintendo Channel, but it works if I set everything back to US. Is there some setting that isn't getting changed correctly maybe, or something else?

ciper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tona , this reply is directed at you.

I think some of your tools need to be combined and slightly improved. AnyRegion_Changer installs 3.2 as part of its function. The CIOS_Downgrader http://wiibrew.org/wiki/CIOS_Downgrade from Waninkoko requires CIOS and your CIOS Patchmii Installer http://wiibrew.org/wiki/CIOS_Patchmii_Installer is a good alternative.

My point, why not modify the AnyRegionChanger to allow installation of any available firmware version from any region plus include the option to install the latest CIOS patches and custom firmware? This one combined tool could be a one stop application for all your hacking needs
smile.gif

benwin84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A question about this if I were to say upgrade my to wii to 3.4 and use this app to go back to 3.2 would I still retain the faster sd card transfer and mii channel update or will I fully go back to 3.2 with out the good parts of the new update.

nanika

文鎮じゃダメ!まぁ、こんな文字小さしすぎてどうせ読めないっしょ。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would keep the USB keyboard support in the Mii Channel and the Shop Channel access but lose the faster SD card transfer times.

TaxiTitan

Trophies
XP
Country
ciper said:
Tona , this reply is directed at you.

I think some of your tools need to be combined and slightly improved. AnyRegion_Changer installs 3.2 as part of its function. The CIOS_Downgrader http://wiibrew.org/wiki/CIOS_Downgrade from Waninkoko requires CIOS and your CIOS Patchmii Installer http://wiibrew.org/wiki/CIOS_Patchmii_Installer is a good alternative.

My point, why not modify the AnyRegionChanger to allow installation of any available firmware version from any region plus include the option to install the latest CIOS patches and custom firmware? This one combined tool could be a one stop application for all your hacking needs
smile.gif

I got a IOS51 and my old 3.2e firmware.
will it overwrite my IOS51 with an older one?
Does it warn before installing older IOS?
Will it do the IOS install if I only want to change the Video mode to NTSC?
( I wanna be able use the NTSC mode sometimes, to play some U.S. VC games in 480i/P mode. Especially N64)

wrdaniel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry for bringing up this old thread, but it seems to be the best location to aks my questions.

As some others I own a jap wii with a d2ckey, and the main problem is that i cant play all my PAL GC games. around 50% of them bring me a black screen. If i change my wii fully to a UK PAL console, would there be the same problems with NTSC games? As far as i know i also have to change jumpersettings on the modchip. i dont want to change the region depending on the game i'm actually playing, it would like to change the wii fully to one region, and then update to the newest version of bios, so its a normal region wii. (with d2ckey)

So, is there one regionsetting with which i can play all the PAL&NTSC games i own? All original, no backups.

tia, wrdaniel

Fat Cow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since this post was bumped... I'd like to ask a quesiton regarding language changes.

I have 3.2U system menu, and if I were to change just the language to Japanese, can the channel banners (I have a few USB game channel for Japanese games) show their Japanese names when you hover the cursor over them? And is this safe to change?

antonkan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Fat Cow said:
I have 3.2U system menu, and if I were to change just the language to Japanese, can the channel banners (I have a few USB game channel for Japanese games) show their Japanese names when you hover the cursor over them? And is this safe to change?

Yes. Changing the language only applies to Photo Channel, Wii Shop Channel and the Internet Channel. Some Virtual Console games (especially Virtual Console Arcade games) looks a quite messy for you language.

wrdaniel said:
Sorry for bringing up this old thread, but it seems to be the best location to aks my questions.

As some others I own a jap wii with a d2ckey, and the main problem is that i cant play all my PAL GC games. around 50% of them bring me a black screen. If i change my wii fully to a UK PAL console, would there be the same problems with NTSC games? As far as i know i also have to change jumpersettings on the modchip. i dont want to change the region depending on the game i'm actually playing, it would like to change the wii fully to one region, and then update to the newest version of bios, so its a normal region wii. (with d2ckey)

So, is there one regionsetting with which i can play all the PAL&NTSC games i own? All original, no backups.

tia, wrdaniel

Why not you use a 'Game Region' setting in AnyRegionChanger?

QUOTE(Etkar.H @ Aug 9 2009, 04:36 AM)
It works folk!
I've tried it!
And i got down to 3.2E
biggrin.gif

EDIT:
And it's safe!

Yes, it's very, very safe. Follow my guide right here on how to change the system menu region for your Wii!

Fat Cow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was confused by your reply because you started the sentence with "Yes..." but then the explanation suggests otherwise
wacko.gif

Anyway I tried and it doesn't work, so I went ahead and edit the banner so Japanese title appears for every region.

jakelee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I have a JAP Wii with D2CKey that has been softmodded as well to 4.2J. I am interested to change this JAP Wii to USA Wii. Any suggestions on the instruction, like what settings to change specifically? Thanks a lot...

J-

Abkarino

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
jakelee said:
Hi all,

I have a JAP Wii with D2CKey that has been softmodded as well to 4.2J. I am interested to change this JAP Wii to USA Wii. Any suggestions on the instruction, like what settings to change specifically? Thanks a lot...

J-

Here's what do you wont to change your Japanese Wii to USA Wii:

1) First of all before you do any thing install BootMii as Boot2 or IOS and have a NAND backup also install PriiLoader in case of any problem you can just load BootMii and recover your NAND

2) After that just have a homebrew launcher like Homebrew Channel or any other way to launch a homebrew like BannerBoomb, IndianPWN, SmashStack, Twilight Hack.., Then launch Any Region Changer (ARC Mod 6.0 is the better version i used it for a long time
wink.gif
) press A at startup screen then only you have to change region setting from JAPAN to USA in the second options group (the first option in the second group) sorry i'm at my work now so i doesn't have Wii here to tell you the exact option name
wink.gif

3) After that you MUST CHOOSE SAVE Then Exit OR YOU WILL HAVE A BIG BRICK don't play with any other setting or you will brick your Wii if you don't know what do you want to do.

4) After exit launch any WAD Manager you prefer and install System Menu 4.2U WAD file after downloading it from NUS.

i hope that's will help you doing this job but be careful about having a good NAND dump and for Saving Any Region Changer setting and exit.
smile.gif

jakelee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Abkarino said:
jakelee said:
Hi all,

J-

Here's what do you wont to change your Japanese Wii to USA Wii:

1) First of all before you do any thing install BootMii as Boot2 or IOS and have a NAND backup also install PriiLoader in case of any problem you can just load BootMii and recover your NAND

2) After that just have a homebrew launcher like Homebrew Channel or any other way to launch a homebrew like BannerBoomb, IndianPWN, SmashStack, Twilight Hack.., Then launch Any Region Changer (ARC Mod 6.0 is the better version i used it for a long time
wink.gif
) press A at startup screen then only you have to change region setting from JAPAN to USA in the second options group (the first option in the second group) sorry i'm at my work now so i doesn't have Wii here to tell you the exact option name
wink.gif

3) After that you MUST CHOOSE SAVE Then Exit OR YOU WILL HAVE A BIG BRICK don't play with any other setting or you will brick your Wii if you don't know what do you want to do.

4) After exit launch any WAD Manager you prefer and install System Menu 4.2U WAD file after downloading it from NUS.

i hope that's will help you doing this job but be careful about having a good NAND dump and for Saving Any Region Changer setting and exit.
smile.gif

Thanks....I've done the NAND backup during the softmod. I am wondering if there is anything I need to be aware of or take care first before changing the region as the Jap Wii has D2CKey....

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do not proceed if your wii is a serial number that meets or exceeds LU64.....

in such a situation you have almost a sure brick...and it also means that you don't have bootmii/boot2, which is the only user-friendly way to restore your NAND backup...bootmii/IOS wont cut it.

edit:_the mod06 offline version by QK/kavid is compatible as it only downgrades you to 4.1, so if you use it you shouldn't have any problems...look into that.

Abkarino

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
noobwarrior7 said:
do not proceed if your wii is a serial number that meets or exceeds LU64.....

in such a situation you have almost a sure brick...and it also means that you don't have bootmii/boot2, which is the only user-friendly way to restore your NAND backup...bootmii/IOS wont cut it.

edit:_the mod06 offline version by QK/kavid is compatible as it only downgrades you to 4.1, so if you use it you shouldn't have any problems...look into that.

I used this method to mod more than 300 Korean Wii till now and make all of them a region changed to USA region also this Wii consoles comes with SM 4.2 K already installed and all of them has a serial number higher than LU64 also
wink.gif

Just using ARC Mod 06 offline version to change System Menu Setting and not to downgrade to SM 4.1 then install USA SM 4.2 WAD File.

Also for brick protection you can install Darkcrop/CIOSCrop before hacking so it'll give you a big chance to restore your bricked Wii if that happen
smile.gif

jakelee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm the Homeless said:
jakelee said:
Hi all,

J-
NOT A BIG FAN POSTING CRAPPY IMAGES TO GET DUMB ATTENTION!!!!

This is NOT going to help???!!!!!????? If you are not willing, stay put...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!