Homebrew Any recent updates? (Pokemon, bans)

codexdragon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't used my 3ds since around the time free shop went down. I opened up my ultra sun game today though. Is it still ok to go in festival plaza? I don't have any hacked Pokemon. Just playing on a free shop version though. I haven't updated yet either. I'm still on version 11.6.0. I probably have to update before it Will let me go in festival plaza. No recent 3ds ban waves?

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nope. No recent ban waves, netiher any problems to be in a higher firmware version.
If Nintendo knows that you have CFW, it doesn't matter regardless the firmware version, they probably know it already, even for you, me, and everyone in GBATemp... Nintendo knows everything.
The thing is... Ninty doesn't care a lot anymore. They killed freeShop, and for a lot of people, that means no more free games (because they don't have a laptop or a good cellphone to download the .CIA files, or because they don't know how to) and that's what Nintendo wanted the most: no more free games, the homebrew thing and CFW doesn't matter so much to them, and the proof is that unless someone cheats or plays a game before release, nobody has been banned in the last 3 months.
Play without fear, and even if you don't use your 3DS or connect to the Internet, if Nintendo wants, they'll ban us, even the ones that don't use their console… and there're some methods to unban a 3DS, so play with the security that nothing is goin' to happen, and it doesn't matter if you're playing a legit cartridge or an eShop bought game, or even a game you installed through FBI or the freeShop, it's safe.
Also... update to 11.8.0, it doesn't brake anything, and it is totally safe.

Last edited by E1ite007,
Reactions: codexdragon

SCOTT0852

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update your Luma to 9.1, if the updater CIA is on 2.2 or lower then update that too. Delete freeShop, but everything already downloaded with it is safe. Just don't cheat online & you're fine.

Reactions: codexdragon

codexdragon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies! I just noticed these responses just now.

EDIT

well I updated and it crashed my 3ds.
Failed to apply 1 firm patch

I paid someone to get my 3ds set up so I have no idea how any of this works

Last edited by codexdragon,

SCOTT0852

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've lost track of the number of people who keep asking about this... please google it or something, we've answered it like 50 billion times.
Download the latest version of Luma, extract it with 7-Zip, and put only the boot.firm on your SD card, overwriting the one that's already there.

Reactions: E1ite007 and ThoD

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks for the replies! I just noticed these responses just now.

EDIT

well I updated and it crashed my 3ds.

I paid someone to get my 3ds set up so I have no idea how any of this works
All you had to do was update Luma, that's why you were getting the error. It's literally as simple as replacing one file at the root of the SD card, the "boot.firm" one, no need to pay others for help...

codexdragon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I just googled it. Seems like a pretty simple solution. (Knock on wood) hopefully I won't bungle it up more

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over