Any OutRun type games for DS?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by roguetrip, Sep 5, 2008.

Sep 5, 2008

Any OutRun type games for DS? by roguetrip at 6:08 AM (3,197 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. roguetrip
    OP

Member roguetrip GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Ok, call me lame or whatever, I never knew about this game and just played OutRun 2006 Coast 2 Coast for my PSP, unfortunately I do not carry my PSP with me to most places like I do with my DSL. I see the DS doesn't have a OutRun title but are there any games that are like it?

I love it cause its like gumball and cannonball run (cross country racing) and not taking laps at a track, plus the Girlfriend in the car is funny in the 2006 version.

I see it has been release on the Genesis/MegaDrive/Game Gear systems but have the emulators gotten any better for the DS? Last I tried sound was disabled and only so many games would play with the emulators. If so which is the best one to try?

TIA!

2. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    Not really. PSP has a much faster graphics chip than DS, so racing games are more common on it.

3. Bluntsly

Newcomer Bluntsly Member

Canada
    As far as emulators I think finding it for gamegear might be your best bet.. or possibly genesis.

4. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Mega Drive emulators are great on the DS. Try Jenesis or Picodrive, also the NEo Geo has some good racers for it so get hold of NeoDS.

5. roguetrip
    OP

Member roguetrip GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Thanks for the tips, I couldn't let it rest at that, I found that for the GBA: Sega Arcade Gallery which contains After Burner, Space Harrier, Out Run, and Super Hang-On. So just a tip for anyone needing a Out Run fix.

I know, not DS but still a decent port that can be played on the DS with a slot-2 cart.