Hacking Any major differences for those who softmod japan wii?

Marcus McFry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hoping i get an answer since i didnt get one on the noob page. Just want to know of there are any major differences in softmodding a japan wii.

I was trying to find answers for the following:

Changing the region with the anyregion changer homebrew will there be any big issues or incompatibility/errors after doing so?

I live in the pal territory right now, there any way to play pal games (discs) on the japan wii?

After soft modding the japan wii does dios mio, wii flow and usbloader all work fine without issues? Any incompatibilty in regards to certain wii games or gc games which i heard might be an issue?

To sum it up I already have a soft mod pal wii but would like to know if there are any major differences in soft modding a japan wii and any incompatibilty in regards to hb apps, cios, loaders and games being play on it or if things are the same?

Thanks in advance

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
As long as you don't have a Korean Wii or don't region change or touch the system menu, there is no difference in soft-modding.
Most games will work regardless of region although you might have to tweak some settings. There is only a handful of games that insist on the region thing but whether its worth the risk of region changing is your own call. in fact, having 2 Wii with different regions may help you to play more games (e.g. a few Japanese games that won't work in Pal consoles even though its soft modded)

Marcus McFry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heavily do NOT reccommend using any region changer, why do you think you need it?
As for everything else, it works the same.

The only reason i feel id need it is for changing the language from japanese to english, although if everything is pretty much the same sans language then thats ok, my only concern was if its a japan wii that if i play a pal disc or backup that there might be an issue due to the regions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality