Any Guides for Translating?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by SamusKnight2K, Dec 25, 2008.

Dec 25, 2008
  1. SamusKnight2K
    OP

Member SamusKnight2K GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Recently I came across a very informative page regarding translations for the text in Phantasy Star Zero. Keep in mind I have no prior knowledge of hacking or translating. But as a fan of the PSO series and seeing as PSZ is so much related in the ways of items and menu layout I want to use the page I found and my PSO knowledge to try making a translation of the menu functions and primary items. Anyway... The things I lack are any guides for getting started in translations for DS games and the required software. Unfortunately it doesn't look like a PSZ translation project is under way or being started yet so if I want to fully enjoy this fine game I'll have to do it myself. So if someone can, please direct me to a link, thread, or whatever with info on how to get started. Thank you.

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    May I ask where this thread/page is for phantasy star, I tangled with it and the compression/packing format caused me serious problems.

Back on topic there are some rom hacking docs at the top of this section (also in my signature).
    If I get my act together I will put out an updated version that has been kicking around more or less finished for the last 2 months on my drive.

There is also rom hacking.net:
    http://www.romhacking.net/start

edit: ahh it was "just" a translation, I thought was some info on the file formats and the like.

3. SamusKnight2K
    OP

Member SamusKnight2K GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks for the info, and here's the link I mentioned:
    http://members.cox.net/thefarce/