Any good MIDI Keyboard software out there with a bunch of different sounds?

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
So I just got a MIDI Keyboard for my PC yesterday and I was wondering if any of you tempers knew about a good software for it that has a bunch of different sounds, like an normal keyboard I guess you could say :P I'm using Fruity Loops right now, but there arent any good stock plugins for either piano or other sounds in there :/

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Oh hell there's loads.
I don't know if my terminology is still in date but these search terms should help

First Search for "VST Host/VST Player" - What you're essentially looking for is software to let you play 'virtual instruments' without all the sequencing stuff that usually comes with such an application.

Once you've got the host software. Search for "Free VST Virtual Instruments". You should find more than plenty of stuff out there.

Alternatively, find yourself a copy of "Computer Music" magazine, if it's still around. It comes with a cover DVD loaded up with hundereds of instruments, and host software, and usually has loads of handy guides to show you what you need to do.

Reactions: Eighteen

Eighteen

Trophies
Website
3DGamelayer.yolasite.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can try look for the following vst(i):
-IL Harmless
-Sytrus
(though these aren't free...)
I use those, they have cool sounds

A few free ones can be found here, maybe you can use soundfonts as well, found here http://woolyss.com/chipmusic-plugins.php
If you are into old school sounds like super nintendo (mario kart sounds or megaman or chronotrigger of whatever) then give the soundfonts on that link a try..
It's like ripped sounds directly from certain games, ready to use with a midi keyboard or whatever kinda controller U have.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
reFX Nexus is a rather good synth plugin, with like a million presets. I don't know about orchestral sounds though, I read a web page that recommended a specific orchestral plugin, but I can't remember the name.

I hear a lot of people saying the stock content in FL Studio is no good, but I personally think it's fine (in the XXL version anyway)
Not that I have exceptional music creation skills, if I did I might want something better :P

You can try look for the following vst(i):
-IL Harmless
-Sytrus
(though these aren't free...)
I use those, they have cool sounds

A few free ones can be found here, maybe you can use soundfonts as well, found here http://woolyss.com/chipmusic-plugins.php
If you are into old school sounds like super nintendo (mario kart sounds or megaman or chronotrigger of whatever) then give the soundfonts on that link a try..
It's like ripped sounds directly from certain games, ready to use with a midi keyboard or whatever kinda controller U have.
I think Sytrus comes with FL Studio XXL though? Seem to recall it being in there.

Eighteen

Trophies
Website
3DGamelayer.yolasite.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
reFX Nexus is a rather good synth plugin, with like a million presets. I don't know about orchestral sounds though, I read a web page that recommended a specific orchestral plugin, but I can't remember the name.

I think Sytrus comes with FL Studio though? Seem to recall it being in there.
No clue, to be honest, I never used Fruity Loops in my life ^^;
I use Cubase 5.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
I use renoise as DAW. It's free to use, but to render your song into a .wav, then u need the full version. Ofc you can "record" with other means. Like have an other program by the side which records the song. If u wanna use the demo that is.
Renoise is tracker which can take both VstInstruments and wav samples.

I summarized a bunch of vstis here which you maybe can have of use: Free aswell as commercial instruments can be found here: https://www.scenemusic.net/forum/thread/480/

As stated previously, Sytrus comes with Fruity Loops.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I use renoise as DAW. It's free to use, but to render your song into a .wav, then u need the full version. Ofc you can "record" with other means. Like have an other program by the side which records the song. If u wanna use the demo that is.
Renoise is tracker which can take both VstInstruments and wav samples.

I summarized a bunch of vstis here which you maybe can have of use: Free aswell as commercial instruments can be found here: https://www.scenemusic.net/forum/thread/480/

As stated previously, Sytrus comes with Fruity Loops.
I don't recommend recording the Stereo Mixer output for music production. The quality won't be the same. I've ripped a few songs from games that way, but they tend to not be that high quality in the first place.
With music production though, you should save your tracks in the best quality possible, unless you can recreate the tracks easily and reliably (exporting from project files and such, but if you get a new PC or reinstall Windows you might suddenly lack the plugins or samples required, so that's not a reliable option)

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
Yeah, The Real Jdbye is correct. It IS an option, just not a viable one if you want good quality in the music you render. So I guess it's okay for testing purposes, but if you ever wanna have others listen to your songs it's best to render the songs directly in your DAW. I bought the DAW so I have no problems with my rendered music.

Anyways, regarding the question itself, check my link for a bunch of vstI. There's other nice sites with "free vsti" just do a google on it, and you'll find a bunch of stuff you can use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later