Any difference between Nintendo component cable and no names

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by bad_freddy, Dec 20, 2009.

1. bad_freddy
    OP

Newcomer bad_freddy Member

Greece
    As topic title says I'd like to know if there is any difference in terms of on-screen graphics / quality between the original Nintendo component cable and others that are way cheaper?
    Here an original Ninty cable cost about 30 euro but as I can see, DX has cables with about 5-8 euro. Will they be the same?

2. ZeWarrior

Member ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil
    With cheaper cables you may get some ghosting, but other than that, I personally never noticed any difference from my cheap like $4 PS3 component cables from eBay and some HDMI cables.. Since it'll be on the Wii it'll probably not be noticeable if there is a difference.

3. cobleman

Member cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Just dont expect to run componenant cable with a hard drive connected well i couldnt get it to work properly with the hard drive connected

4. ConJ

Member ConJ The Toker

United Kingdom
    Why not? Ive got mine working fine.

And the difference between the official Nintendo products and the cheaper ones is build quality.

5. bad_freddy
    OP

Newcomer bad_freddy Member

Greece
    Yeah, really weird issue that HDD-component cable...
    I don't care about build quality so much, I just want to know if everything (game graphics etc.) will be the same or not.

6. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    I have some cheap component cables that work just fine, no ghosting or anything. Some of them have been known to do that, so try and read up about them first.

7. zuron7

Member zuron7 RBYG

India
    Nothing but the price.

8. mousex

Member mousex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I build a self-made component cable for my old XBOX1 some time from the original composite cable (switching teh wires at the plug and adding to cables for sound), I used very crappy cables and I can run the box at 1080i (XBMC supports this) and there never was ghosting. So I doubt there will be quality issues.

9. happydance

Member happydance GBAtemp Fan

Philippines
    from my experince in cheap AV cables are the wires tend to break apart if you put too much stress on it, like twisting and bending repeatedly. Since the wires are made with less strands and thiner than the original. so as long as you don't put too mush stress on the wires and you just leave you wii connected to you tv and not packing it and unpacking it or bringing it to diffrent houses that often then your fine with those