Any alternative commercial payload injectors?

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by BionicGecko, Aug 2, 2018.

1. BionicGecko
    OP

BionicGecko Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2018
    Czech Republic
    I'm a bit surprised by the lack of commercial alternatives to the SX Pro for payload injection. Of course anyone can make their own dongle using one of the multiple guides here, but to me all of those solutions have downsides when compared to the TX dongle (significantly bigger, require a cable, require external power source, etc.).

At that point I would have expected eBay to be flooded with cheap TX dongle knockoffs, but as far as I can tell there's nothing like that. Or am I missing something?

2. fadx

fadx Filthy Cheater

Sep 15, 2016
    United Kingdom
    This is the only one I've seen (it looks like it uses capacitors like the SX Pro nevermind, looks like it uses a small battery that's charged with the usb port): https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...-Kits-Brand-New-with/3678106_32900754791.html

I can't vouch for it obviously because I don't have one so who knows if it'll kill your Switch.

TeamRebug are working on an external version of SwitchME that will use a CR2032 battery, they're hoping to sell that for less than $15 + shipping. It doesn't seem like it'll come with a plastic case or anything like that so you'd have to figure that out yourself if you cared about that.

Last edited by fadx, Aug 2, 2018
    BionicGecko likes this.
  3. BionicGecko
    OP

BionicGecko Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2018
    Czech Republic
    Thanks for the info, very interesting; might well wait for this external SwitchMe!