Hacking anti-piracy ?

nezkeys79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for replying and yeah those instructions were clear (5-16 wtf lol?).

okay I already had 1.18 firmware so this is exactly what I just did and I really hope this works....

1) Removed the patched chrono trigger.nds and dragon quest 5.nds files from my flashcart. I left the .sav files or each on there asI thought this wouldnt make any difference and save me a little time?

2) I put new versions of both original roms onto my R4 then copied the cheat.dat from that UE file link you gave me onto my R4.

About to try and see if anything changed...

nezkeys79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thank you so much it seems to be working. I activated the cheat "backup enabler/game fix" for chrono trigger but on DQ5 it gives me 3 options...

version 1+2
version 1
version 2

which one do I select?

Also I noticed a language code does that mean I will be able to play any japanese rom in englsh now?

nezkeys79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So the cheat option finally appeared on both games and i activated them. However, upon loading the Roms I am now experiencing the original problem now of ''game data could not be accessed please re-insert game card''. Maybe you should post that vid on youtube after all?

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nezkeys79 said:
Thanks for replying and yeah those instructions were clear (5-16 wtf lol?).

those would be there because you seem to need them

and since you're on 1.18, and not ysmenu, you need to do an ARM7 replacement. use dsbuff, your donor arm7.bin will come from summon night: twin ages (U).

nezkeys79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Didnt I already do that....arm7.bin both files? Thats what made them start but then they froze in the places I said.

Also you mentioned ysmenu and dsbuff.

Can you do a step by step again with this "new" method.

I cant believe this is taking so long and I am doing everything that has been mentioned Ive tried like 3 different methods

I only come online from 2-4 uk time(netcafes) so I wont see your reply or be able to do anything until tomorrow or wed/thurs/fri now

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm not going to help you.

you can help yourself, by using GOOGLE.

i gave you enough information that a google search will get you to a walkthrough

as far as ysmenu is concerned, there are TWO sticky threads on this very board. you're right, this is ridiculous, and you've only got yourself to blame, here.

upgrading firmware takes a minute. arm7 swap takes a minute. cheat code grabbing and utilizing takes two minutes. if you were running ysmenu, the arm7 swap isn't needed. ysmenu building takes two minutes, the bulk of which is grabbing the dstt firmware and actual ysmenu.

the most time intensive part of this process is educating yourself to do it, and that will only take about a half hour of your own time, maybe less, since dsbuff is very easy to use, and i already told you where to start.

or, if you want to play these games that bad, just buy them.

nezkeys79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have followed all the advice given to me and I am a throurough person so have checked the instructions given to me in each method...

1) maxx crass method of patching usng dslazy and arm7.bin replacement
2) your method of clean roms + cheat.dat

now there is another method do you blame me for getting annoyed as why this isnt working. Its not like I havent tried and now you refuse to help me? why?

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i do blame you.

when i was learning all of this, i didn't go to a forum and whine to people to help me and wait 2 weeks for a solution to come along. i took the initiative, and learned about it myself. it took way less time, i didn't have to wait for anybody to hold my hand, and i can fix future games as well.

nezkeys79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have used initiative.

Ive searched google for 3 different methods.

And yesterday while this site was down I followed some guys video on youtube and did EXACLY what he did on his video using DSBUFF and DSATM and I still got the "game data could not be accessed"

I cant believe you would be so crude when you can see I am trying hard to make this work and understand it

ShAdOwFuRi

Trophies
XP
Country
embedding the code within the rom is by far the most fail safe method, you won't change the name of the rom so all other cheats will still work. just use DSATM by cracker.

1. Download DSATM. Search it.
2. Read readme included in the file
3. get the anti piracy code from the forum. Search for it.
4. Patch the rom

All the actual instructions are in the readme, so if there is any problem at all it would most likely be a one of literary understanding.

nezkeys79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay this is such a headache. After updating the firmware This is what I have done over the past 2 or 3 weeks for dragon quest 5....

1....max crass method using dslazy and arm7.bin replacement (game loads up but ship never docks)

2....sweenish method of clean rom + cheat.dat (I activate the cheat but nothing different happens in the games they still freeze)

3....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vfpcnKptEw (after doing exactly what this guy does on here using DSATM and even downloading the alternative rom he provides rom doesnt load)

one thing i did notice is that somewhre along the way I seemed to have deleted arm7 and arm9 from my R4 before sweenish method does that matter?

and why do i need ysmenu when the R4 menu is fine

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!! EVERY GAME NOW IS DOING THIS AND ITS BUGGING ME SO MUCH THAT EVERY THING I DO FAILS

nezkeys79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
okay i just deleted everything....all firmware files and all cheat files so I know I cant start fresh

your saying use clean rom and cheat file as you said? by the way when it says put firmware on root that just means straight onto "removable disk", not into "system"?

nezkeys79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OMFG!

Now it keeps saying cant find ds_menu.dat yet I just extracted both ds_menu.dat and ds_mnshl.nds to "removable disk" and then "system"

now i cant play any of my games!!

nezkeys79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
why cant it find the ds_menu.dat file? ive placed it in every friggin place it can go on the R4 this is so annoying. someone just tell me how to sort this new prolem out so I can play the roms I already have and im just going to buy games from now on

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny