Another World and Heart of the Alien for Switch

Hi there,

I ported Another World to the Switch, based on the reverse engine made by Grégory Montoir:
https://github.com/usineur/rawgl/releases/latest

aw1.jpg

And i ported also its sequel, Heart of the Alien, based on the reverse engine made by Gil Medigish:
https://github.com/usineur/hota/releases/latest

aw2.jpg

Feel free to post any video of the ports in action, i will add it to this post :)

Have fun,
usineur

Last edited by usineur,

Fadi5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there,

I ported Another World to the Switch, based on the reverse engine made by Grégory Montoir:
https://github.com/usineur/rawgl/releases/tag/switch-1.0

aw1.jpg

And i ported also its sequel, Heart of the Alein, based on the reverse engine made by Gil Medigish:
https://github.com/usineur/hota/releases/tag/switch-1.0

aw2.jpg

Feel free to post any video of the ports in action, i will add it to this post :)

Have fun,
usineur
Thanks amazing thanks for your efforts.
I just have one comment. I hope you can make it running in fullscreen please at least for next version of this.
Thanks again

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Good work! Another World is a classic, which I never managed to finish on the Amiga back in the day, but I did finish the anniversary edition on the 3DS more recently. I never played the sequel so will probably give it a go once I finally start running homebrew on my Switch (been waiting for Atmosphere, not sure whether to keep waiting).

Reactions: lincruste

Tebra

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Very good, thank you fort the port of Heart of the Alien, I never play it.
I see that you are a master of porting open source games ;-)
Will you port "The Ur-Quan Masters" to the switch?
It is the open source version of Star Control 2 game

Envoyé de mon Pixel C en utilisant Tapatalk

haxan

Trophies
XP
Country
Good work! Another World is a classic, which I never managed to finish on the Amiga back in the day, but I did finish the anniversary edition on the 3DS more recently. I never played the sequel so will probably give it a go once I finally start running homebrew on my Switch (been waiting for Atmosphere, not sure whether to keep waiting).
You've waited this long, you can wait a bit more <3

Reactions: hippy dave

lincruste

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Exact same thing here (except for the unfinished Amiga stuff, as my big brother finished it while I was at school). Still waiting for a stable CFW to get this one.

Reactions: hippy dave

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both not working on 3.0.0 (black screen then back to HBL menu). Maybe a problem (mine) with data folder name... i will re-test tomorrow.

Last edited by asper,

usineur

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
For those who have problems with Another World, did you transfer data files via FTP using Filezilla ?

If so, be sure that the option "Treat files without extension as ASCII file" is unchecked. This option is in "Edit -> Settings -> Transfer -> File Types"

I only have a switch in 4.1.0, so I can investigate that much why it doesn't work on 1.0, 3.0.0 or 5.1.0

Edit: Working on 3.0.0 confirmed here

Last edited by usineur,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night