Hacking Another vWII semi brick thread :(

brandonwh64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try the post i quoted above? the one patching ios 36?

Yes I run YAWMM and select IOS250 (which has NAND ACCESS) and then go to the next screen were you point it to the IOS36-64-v3864.wad and it freezes loading the SD card.

This is really really weird... since you have nand access, and you can launch MMOD manager. maybe your friend installed WII IOS 249 and 250 instead of vWii ones?

@brandonwh64 if you run d2x cIOS Installer Mod v2.2, does it freeze?

This is possible. He cannot remember what he did since its been sitting in the closet for about a year. Yes D2X freezes as well

All of the managers I have tried freeze when it goes to the SD part

Last edited by brandonwh64,

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
It seems like the root of your problem is the SD card. the IOS 236 installer fails because it can't access the IOS36 wad on the SD card, syscheck fails to mount the SD card, and all these other programs fail as well. If you've tried multiple SD cards then your slot is probably dead.

Have you tried the IOS236 installer v8? That doesn't access the SD card at all as it reads the IOS36 directly from NAND (actually it might to save your IOS36 as a wad temporarily to the SD so if that fails then we know why).

Anyway, if your SD slot is the problem then i have no idea what to do. I think YAWMM can install WADs from the USB so that could probably be used to fix you up but we really need to see a syscheck so we can see what's wrong. I would suspect a regular wii ios 58 being isntalled as well as a number on incompatible cIOS.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That said, if you don't have a vulnerable IOS YAWMM may not work at all... you need to try to find a version of syscheck that outputs to the screen directly or to the USB.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow, so you CANT install wads either? if you cant install wads, or fully run IOS 236 installer, or YAWMM to install the Wads, i think you might be stuck here, and since you tried alot of SD cards, i dont think they are the problem anymore. probably, the guy who tried to mod the vWii used a Wii tutotial, and screw it really bad..

It seems like the root of your problem is the SD card. the IOS 236 installer fails because it can't access the IOS36 wad on the SD card, syscheck fails to mount the SD card, and all these other programs fail as well. If you've tried multiple SD cards then your slot is probably dead.

Have you tried the IOS236 installer v8? That doesn't access the SD card at all as it reads the IOS36 directly from NAND (actually it might to save your IOS36 as a wad temporarily to the SD so if that fails then we know why).

Anyway, if your SD slot is the problem then i have no idea what to do. I think YAWMM can install WADs from the USB so that could probably be used to fix you up but we really need to see a syscheck so we can see what's wrong. I would suspect a regular wii ios 58 being isntalled as well as a number on incompatible cIOS.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That said, if you don't have a vulnerable IOS YAWMM may not work at all... you need to try to find a version of syscheck that outputs to the screen directly or to the USB.

The problem is, that since he is using the exploit to launch the .elf, he is stuck with the SD card load method, or change mount of the drive with the xls file... yes it does sound that his SD slot its corrupted, however, its weird that he can load the exploit and also run homebrew until the SD needs to be mounter AGAIN, then it gets stuck..

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
The problem is, that since he is using the exploit to launch the .elf, he is stuck with the SD card load method, or change mount of the drive with the xls file... yes it does sound that his SD slot its corrupted, however, its weird that he can load the exploit and also run homebrew until the SD needs to be mounter AGAIN, then it gets stuck..
See, that's the weird part. His SD slot is not totally broken. THe only other thing I would suspect is that whatever IOS his exploit is initially run from is corrupted, so he gets only partial SD access. Do you know what IOS Batman runs off of? If smash stack or jodi uses a different IOS then that may be worth trying.

brandonwh64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats crazy is that if I just load IOS36 that is on the vWII already I can browse the SD card. It only freezes when I use IOS250 that has NAND access

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Whats crazy is that if I just load IOS36 that is on the vWII already I can browse the SD card. It only freezes when I use IOS250 that has NAND access
Oh, that's your problem. You have an incompatible cIOS installed in slot 250, so that will me partially broken on the vWii. Don't use that anymore.

Reactions: brandonwh64

brandonwh64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, that's your problem. You have an incompatible cIOS installed in slot 250, so that will me partially broken on the vWii. Don't use that anymore.

so I guess I am screwed? Should I delete IOS 250 since its corrupt? Only issue is that its the ONLY one I have that has NAND access

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I guess I am screwed? Should I delete IOS 250 since its corrupt? Only issue is that its the ONLY one I have that has NAND access
... no, if you got a good IOS36, use IOS36 to install wads of 249 and 250, or to use cios installer, but use ios36 to mount stuff.. i told you like 4 post above, that you got your ios 249 and 250 from WII mod and not from a vWII guide C:

Reactions: Subtle Demise

brandonwh64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... no, if you got a good IOS36, use IOS36 to install wads of 249 and 250, or to use cios installer, but use ios36 to mount stuff.. i told you like 4 post above, that you got your ios 249 and 250 from WII mod and not from a vWII guide C:

when I try to install wads with IOS36 I get =1017 error

brandonwh64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what about loading the CIOS installer with IOS36? if no, then i really give up on this lolz

This is what I get when I run the IOS236_Installer_MOD_v8_for_vWii_FIX94_dmm

ios236.jpg

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what I get when I run the IOS236_Installer_MOD_v8_for_vWii_FIX94_dmm

Ok, try this, use v7 that doe snot use the nand one, since your is probably corrupted also Here .
search for IOS36 v3864 and put it on the root of your SD, im not at my house, so i cant dump it atm, im sorry, remember that must not be fakesigned.

once that's done, it must let you continue...

brandonwh64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, try this, use v7 that doe snot use the nand one, since your is probably corrupted also Here .
search for IOS36 v3864 and put it on the root of your SD, im not at my house, so i cant dump it atm, im sorry, remember that must not be fakesigned.

once that's done, it must let you continue...

This link in the "HERE" is broken

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: happy birth +1