Hacking Another Setting up Emunand help

CrAzYLiFe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys,

I know theres alot of posts on this and had a quick look through them but I would like to confirm the best way for me to do this.

Im using sxos

I have a back up of my 5.1 with boot 0/1 my firmware is currently 8.1 using choi and autorcm so my fuses should be good to reload my back up.

Im about to get a 512gb sd card.

Whats the best way for me to get a clean sysnand for online and emunand for backups?

My current plan is to create a emunand of my current cfw 8.1 to keep all my saves etc.. then just restore my sysnand to 5.1 with hekate and update officially to 8.1.

Is it that simple? Are there any issues i could run into? And whats the best tools to accomplish this?

Also should i disable auto rcm when running clean sysnand and emunand? I used sxos to install auto rcm but i believe choi also installed auto rcm, will i need to reverse both or should disabling with sxos do the trick?

Thanks for any input

Last edited by CrAzYLiFe,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you do not have a clean NAND backup, then you are out of luck. If you do, then you can just restore it. I recommend restoring it after setting up emuMMC so emuMMC will retain the save data from sysMMC.

Once you've setup emuMMC, you can update it with the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX. For updating sysMMC, there are a couple of ways you can update it without burning fuses.
    1. Using the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX which not only requires CFW but homebrew as well so most people do not use it for updating their sysMMC for clean online play
    2. Installing system updates while running CFW and having AutoRCM enabled. Normally, AutoRCM is removed during a system update which prevents you from updating without burning fuses online but modern CFW prevent this allowing you to update normally with the console while preserving fuses. This is safer than using ChoiDujourNX as it just requires you to run a CFW. You don't even need CFW running to download the system update as you can boot Stock mode via Hekate to download it then delete Wi-Fi settings and reboot into CFW to install the update offline. This is what I personally do and I have not been banned yet. There is a way to update without burning fuses without CFW or homebrew but it is risky
    3. Rebooting into RCM after the system update is finished installing. Since fuses are burnt not when the system update is installed but when the console's stock bootloader detects a firmware version higher than the fuse count, one can easily bypass this by booting into RCM before the console's stock bootloader runs. This is a variation of the above method but instead of using CFW to maintain AutoRCM, we use a jig which is only as successful as the jig is at booting the console into RCM. If the console does not boot into RCM, fuses will be burnt so this method is not highly recommended. If you need a full guide, you can find one here
Also, it doesn't make any difference with regards to bans if you use AutoRCM or not as AutoRCM by itself has not been proven to be a ban cause.

Reactions: CrAzYLiFe

bird333

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you do not have a clean NAND backup, then you are out of luck. If you do, then you can just restore it. I recommend restoring it after setting up emuMMC so emuMMC will retain the save data from sysMMC.

Once you've setup emuMMC, you can update it with the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX. For updating sysMMC, there are a couple of ways you can update it without burning fuses.
    1. Using the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX which not only requires CFW but homebrew as well so most people do not use it for updating their sysMMC for clean online play
    2. Installing system updates while running CFW and having AutoRCM enabled. Normally, AutoRCM is removed during a system update which prevents you from updating without burning fuses online but modern CFW prevent this allowing you to update normally with the console while preserving fuses. This is safer than using ChoiDujourNX as it just requires you to run a CFW. You don't even need CFW running to download the system update as you can boot Stock mode via Hekate to download it then delete Wi-Fi settings and reboot into CFW to install the update offline. This is what I personally do and I have not been banned yet. There is a way to update without burning fuses without CFW or homebrew but it is risky
    3. Rebooting into RCM after the system update is finished installing. Since fuses are burnt not when the system update is installed but when the console's stock bootloader detects a firmware version higher than the fuse count, one can easily bypass this by booting into RCM before the console's stock bootloader runs. This is a variation of the above method but instead of using CFW to maintain AutoRCM, we use a jig which is only as successful as the jig is at booting the console into RCM. If the console does not boot into RCM, fuses will be burnt so this method is not highly recommended. If you need a full guide, you can find one here
Also, it doesn't make any difference with regards to bans if you use AutoRCM or not as AutoRCM by itself has not been proven to be a ban cause.
Can you explain step by step how you do number 2 above?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you explain step by step how you do number 2 above?
  1. Boot into Hekate's Stock Mode or OFW
  2. Download the system update but do not install it. You can check if its downloaded by looking at your firmware version in System Settings. If it says System Update is ready, then the update has been downloaded
  3. Remove Wi-Fi settings/enable 90DNS/Incognito/Airplane Mode (i.e. go offline with your Switch)
  4. Enable AutoRCM if you have not done so already
  5. Boot into either Atmosphere or ReiNX (SX OS does not offer the AutoRCM protection during system updates)
  6. Install the system update
This is how I personally update my console and I can verify not only does it save my fuses but I have not been banned yet for doing so

Reactions: CrAzYLiFe

bird333

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Boot into Hekate's Stock Mode or OFW
  2. Download the system update but do not install it. You can check if its downloaded by looking at your firmware version in System Settings. If it says System Update is ready, then the update has been downloaded
  3. Remove Wi-Fi settings/enable 90DNS/Incognito/Airplane Mode (i.e. go offline with your Switch)
  4. Enable AutoRCM if you have not done so already
  5. Boot into either Atmosphere or ReiNX (SX OS does not offer the AutoRCM protection during system updates)
  6. Install the system update
This is how I personally update my console and I can verify not only does it save my fuses but I have not been banned yet for doing so
Thanks.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Slim45

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
draxys method is good. Or once can take the nand out clean with soap and water, dry and put back in.
:P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

jk dont do that

CrAzYLiFe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for the reply, i burnt my fuses to 8.1 after restoring to 5.1 then updating.

Wasn't sure if nintendo could see if my fuse count was dif and issue a ban.

Well as expected nintendo online is very underwhelming :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.