Hacking Another Metroid Prime Trilogy help thread!

takun32

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know, another one of these threads(believe me I've used the search feature).

Anyways, I ripped the game from a friends disc, which i returned today, and I'm loading this game on USB LOADER GX(don't plan on changing soon).
I've created a save file, and both "Metroid Prime 1" & "Metroid Prime 2: Echoes" load flawlessly (alt_dol method via selecting which game to load in usb loader gx after clicking on the Metroid Prime Trilogy disc); however, when I load up Metroid Prime 3 using the alt_dol method, the game goes to a black screen.

Ive tried loading the game in 222, 223, 249, and they all come to the same conclusion(with error patch on), and I've uninstalled IOS14, which I heard would work.|

I am using Hermes rev14, and the game shows up as 7.48gig.
Also, I don't know if this will help, but Super Smash Brothers Brawl loads up fine, and I'm on Wii version 4.2 with the latest USB Loader GX Rev. I have the anti DVD-R drive, so I can't load off of discs, but I prefer loading off of USB since it loads a few seconds faster and isn't noisy.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Do you mean Hermes r4 or Waninikoko r14? Waninkoko r14 does not work with DL discs so if you used that you can't launch the game and your dump is bad. Upgrade to r17 or r19 and reinstall the game.

If you used Hermes r4 the dump should be fine, however for MP3 to work you need to have a disc in the drive. Doesn't matter which one as long as there is a disc in there it will work. I don't know if that causes issues on your new "anti DVD-R" drive. Waninkoko's cIOS r17 and r19 doesn't need a disc in the drive because he added a fix for that in the cIOS.

takun32

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah^ I've tried inserting a disc(zack and wiki) in there too, and it still loaded a black screen for me. I don't even get the no disc error.

takun32

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sorry bout that. I am using Hermes 222 r4. I am sure the dump is fine since Metroid prime 1 and 2 are working, and I've seen that people have had issues loading Metroid Prime 3. My problem is that my issue is way worst then the common disc error since mine doesn't even load that error screen.

i forgot to mention im on IOS249 on Cios37(for Monster Hunter Tri)

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
just want to mention that this thread interest me. i too have been unsuccessful in playing metroid 3 off of the trilogy disc or usbloader. i threw in the towel along time ago. finally i caved and got metroid 3 corruption disc.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
cIOSCORP_v3.5 has a cIOSCORPv3.5Extra's folder with cIOS55-v5149-v3.5-rev13_DIP.wad with this wad installed no more black screens loading MPT
I either play it from my dual layer dvd+r or from Sneek-Di both play it 100%

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT