Another Homebrew Idea

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by matrix121391, Aug 31, 2008.

Aug 31, 2008

Another Homebrew Idea by matrix121391 at 2:49 AM (1,459 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. matrix121391
    OP

Member matrix121391 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hello, it's me again, shooting off homebrew ideas so others might pick it up because I can't create games for the life of me. Anyway, I'm sure some of you have heard of Survival Project. For those of you who haven't, it's basically like a top-down real-time fighter game. You have bows, swords, and magic spells as well as several different gametypes like Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Questing, and some kind of conquering each other's territory called Symbol. Those game modes incorporated with WiFi would make it probably one of the best games ever! Of course, if such a game were to ever go into the works, it should allow for a single player mode, which I though questing should do perfectly for. I was recently playing Soma Bringer and it reminded me a lot about Survival Project, so I thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be great if that game was remade on the DS?" The button configuration for Soma Bringer is just brilliant and easy to use and would fit perfectly with Survival Project for the DS. I'm just going to throw out here the idea of a Survival Project DS homebrew so maybe someone will pick it up and develop/submit it for the next Homebrew Bounty. What does everyone else think of my idea?

Here's a link to those who've never heard of it: http://english.spgame.com/

2. Penguin

Newcomer Penguin Advanced Member

Australia
    Sounds Great! I can't program homebrew (yet [​IMG] still in training), but I'm sure someone will come along and take the idea.

Thanks for the awesome idea, I'm sure it will work [​IMG]

3. Sp33der

Member Sp33der GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    I played this game liked it alot, but here will be so much objects in the screen i don't know if the DS could handle them all at once without lag(like Bangai-O-spirits)

4. Raestloz

Member Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Indonesia
    Top-down real-time fighter? Basically, Dynasty Warriors top-down? Or Resident Evil top-down?
    What's the feature of Survival Project?

5. Sp33der

Netherlands
    Dynasty Warriors like, but no monsters only players

6. Berthenk

Member Berthenk Epitome of Awesomeness

Netherlands
    Well, then it would still lagg (depending on the graphics). If you played Tony Hawk's Downhill jam, you'll understand (i think),
    because when playing with 3 opponents, it laggs.

7. TwinBlades

Member TwinBlades GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Korea, South
    LOL I LOVE THAT GAME when I was grade 4 I still remember I maxed my lvl because back then they were like hacks everywhere and whenever I went to a co-op map they gave me exp lol XD. That game is korean too so that would be great. How do we start?

8. TwinBlades

Korea, South
    They should make this game for the DS like a real version I mean the graphics dosnt seem too complicated I mean there making maplestory,ragnark (sorry if spelt it wrong).

9. Sp33der

Netherlands

game would be ruined by lag

10. TwinBlades

Korea, South
    How? There barely anything to make the game lag they can take out some stuff it dosnt have to be exact. So your saying that grand theft auto china town wars is going to lag because theres too many things to handle?

11. matrix121391
    OP

Member matrix121391 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    They can tone down the graphics and what not. I seriously think it's possible. I just hope someone would pick up the project.