Homebrew Another FBI Error

Twitchy316

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally figured out the whole kernel thing to an extent, so I launched rxTools, ran minipasta through that, and then tried to use FBI (The CIA installer) and got this error:

[Install failed!
(---.cia)
Source: SOURCE_AM_START_CIA_INSTALL (0x13)
Module: MODULE_NN_OS (0x6)
Level: LEVEL_PERMANENT (0x1b)
Summary: SUMMARY_WRONG_ARGUMENT (0x8)
Dscription: DESCRIPTION_INVALID_COMMAND (0x2f)]

I have tried multiple CIAs and every single one has met with the same error. I am using menuhax on my 2DS (FIRM 9.2U). Does anyone know what this error means or how I can fix it?

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
@artur3004 youre killing me dude.. it's not what 'platform' you launch from, it's if signiture checks are properly patched.

@Twitchy316, it sounds like you recently downgraded. When you downgrade cfw has issues launching and patching sig checks properly. I also assume you haven't setup an emunand and are instead trying to run rxtools in sysnand as you would pasta. Setup an emunand and use rxtools to boot into emunand mode. Sysnand mode fails to properly patch sig checks everytime. You will have to use the h&s injection feature to get fbi working once everything is set up as @artur3004 stated. Not that there is anything wrong with the 3dsx version of fbi, it's that downgrading doesn't fully restore the exploits of 9.2. You can find dozens of tutorials on this in the tutorial sections.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny