another drive issue - invalid disc

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by groggy, Oct 25, 2016.

1. groggy
    OP

groggy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2010
    i bought a second hand wii u that has been soft modded to play games from a sd card but i found out you cant play these games online so i bought call of duty from cex but at first the disc would not even insert into the drive it , was almost as though there wasnt enough strength to drag the disc in! but , eventually after a bit of pressure it went in but says invalid disc.

do i need a new drive?
    is it simple to change?
    should i get my money back? it was £100 and the guy said i could have money back . he also said he had never even played a disc on it as he had all games downloaded.
    im worried if i return it i wont be able to mod another wii myself ......
    cheers for reading

2. TheVinAnator

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    It's less of molding and more of literally entering a URL. Anyway there's some slightly more advanced things and you can install these games to your home menu with online Play! ^_^

groggy likes this.
  3. groggy
    OP

groggy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2010
    hmmmm interesting....i only had this wii u a couple of days so im trying to learn. any links you could send me please? and do you think i should keep it?
    cheers

TheVinAnator likes this.
  4. TheVinAnator

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    If you have a ton of storage (sd card or usb) why not keep it! I know by browsing the Temp in the Wii.U section you can find some important links! I'll edit the post if I find some.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

This is definitely something to look at: http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-usb-loading-install-wiiu-games-to-usb-or-internal-memory.445514/ ! It'll pretty much give ya the method and info. I recommend waiting for a bit though because it's still buggy and in development.

groggy likes this.
  5. groggy
    OP

groggy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2010
    wow amn thats deep.....way out of my league!

but i will keep an eye on it

cheers

TheVinAnator likes this.