Hacking Another day, another person with a loader problem....

Lost My Mind

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I finally gave in, and backed up my old 60GB hard drive that i don't use anymore, formatted it in WBFS with a tool from these forums and i loaded usb loader 1.5 after installing the cIOS and it was sucsessfull. It asked me which source I wanted it to read, and I chose USB Mass storage. It said "Mounting Device please wait....(30 seconds timeout)" but after 30 seconds nothing happened. The light on my hard drive isn't doing anything, the wii is just frozen. When I try to power down, i get a code dump.

The only thing I can say I did wrong, was I didnt realize my gamecube memory cards were both in at the time, but then again, the homebrew channel instructions said to take them out. They were in when I installed the homebrew channel and that works fine. Is there a way to try this again? Is that even the problem?

I never did get it to ask me to partition or format, but if its already in WBFS why would it? So I reformatted the drive, in windows XP, but, when i connected it to the wii after that, knowing it shouldn't read it, it acted the exact same. Didnt ask me to format, just stalled at "mounting the drive"

I also thought maybe the USB speed was too slow, so i tried installing the USB 2.0 dol file, but, it failed. That was after I installed the cIOS file for the loader. The USB 2.0 dol file when it failed claimed it was trying to install IOS36 i think it was, but if im not mistaken, thats the same file that the loader cIOS updated......so, maybe mines newer and already is 2.0???

Is there anything I can do to get this running?

DPyro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Delete the partition, recreate a blank partition and then have the usb loader format the partition instead of your PC.

Lost My Mind

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ACOM Data model number HD060U2FE-54

Its 60 GB

and my wii is 3.2U with the tonya oct 23 update, the rev 10 cIOS for the loader, and nothing else i can think of.

Lost My Mind

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just created a blank partition with nothing else, and still i get nothing. 1.5 Just hangs when it says something about my hard drive, and taking 30 seconds. and 1.1 brings up a main menu type screen, and thats it. Home button does nothing on either, you have to power down, to get a code dump and restart wii.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is the best advice I can give, so I hope it helps:

(Note: Make sure Windows assigns your drive a letter. example k: )

1. First find out if your hdd has a power standby setting, and disable it any way you can, preferably with software that came with the drive.

2. Make sure you have WBFS Manager 2.5 or higher installed on your pc (Microsoft net framework 3.5 required to run)

3. Download CompuApps Swissknife free formatting program.

4. In WBFS Manager, delete the games off the drive so it's empty. Now use windows explorer, browse to "my computer," and find your portable hard drive. Right-Click your drive and select QUICK format. Format the whole thing to NTFS (only format choice here).

5. Now open Swissknife, and find your usb hdd in the list. Verify that it's the correct drive, and change the format setting to FAT32, name the volume label (I named mine WBFS), and choose to "Quick format" the whole thing to FAT32. Many drives need to be in FAT32 format before formatting to WBFS, and only a third party program will allow this on larger drives.

6. Open WBFS Manager, and select your drive letter from the drop down list. Then click format. Once formatted, add a game from your PC to the drive. Always use "safely remove hardware" to remove your drives.

7. With the Wii turned completely off, plug your drive in, and then power on the system. Enter the HBC and launch the loader. If it still doesn't work, turn everything off and unplug the drive. Get back into Homebrew Channel, and then plug in the drive, and then launch loader. Try every method using the other USB slot on the back of the Wii.

Good Luck!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1