Hacking Another damn Metroid Prime Trilogy thread

Crappage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alrighty, after doing some research, it's pretty clear people have trouble getting MP3 to load from MPT using USB loaders. I'm using the latest USB Loader GX (2.3) and also tried WiiFlow. MP1 and 2 load fine for me, but MP3 doesn't load at all. I've tried all the different settings people have suggested in the past; Use cIOS 222, 223, or 249, turn on Block IOS reload, use alternate .dols, etc. No luck.

So my biggest question is... Is it a bad rip? I'm using a wbfs file from TPB, which is NTSC and 7.43 GB in size. Even the uploader says he never got MP3 to load. Can anyone who has downloaded this particular iso confirm that it does or does not work? Another big question, is my Wii too old? I know it's well over 4 years old or so. It's updated to 4.3U, and I just recently re-hacked it with ModMii to make sure everything is up to date.

If there's any other info you guys need to help, let me know. Thanks in advance.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It could be your HDD problem, you know ?
I have an old, 1.5 TB WD HDD and it works flawlessly with everything I trow at it, including MPT.
However on my second HDD, a 500GB Toshiba USB 2.0/3.0, not only the loader has toruble detecting the drive all the time, but the very same version of MPT that works on the WD drive , doesn't work past the main dol.
So what drive are you using if I may ask ?

Crappage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried someone else's hard drive (a 1TB Toshiba) and got the same problem. So unless I'm unlucky with picking drives, I guess it IS a bad rip...

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like a bad rip to me. If i remember right I ripped my copy myself before, and again after the whole, "ripping with cios rev misses bytes off the end of dual layer rips" or something like that and the last time I ripped it it worked flawlessly. Before that I couldnt load MP3 in the triology.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I had same problem - the iso might have been scrubbed.
This game is sensitive (MP3 especially). You need 1:1 copy to work.
What I did is modify the iso and deleted mp3 and replaced its dol by main.dol and had MP3 standalone version (using wiiscrubber).
Try to re-rip if it fails get MP1&2 on 1 DVD and MP3 standalone game (not from the MP3 ISO) on another
Good luck

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Try ripping your MPT with i think its was cIOS rev 14 back then that worked or even d2x v8/beta9 which should have the DL fix while ripping

Reactions: 1 person

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Try ripping your MPT with i think its was cIOS rev 14 back then that worked or even d2x v8/beta9 which should have the DL fix while ripping

No. When you rip you should use cleanrip which does not rely on the IOS at all. There is a reason cleanrip is the gold standard for scene releases.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

No. When you rip you should use cleanrip which does not rely on the IOS at all. There is a reason cleanrip is the gold standard for scene releases.
But it also doesn't even work for some people (motor off bug), it's slower, and it doesn't scrub the file.

little100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like a bad rip to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I may take a shower to remove all the sunburns in my body