toastyc12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone played this?
I seem to be getting a weird freeze in the midst of Chapter 2 of the game. Specifically inside the old shack when you try calling the dog. As soon as Ashley says "Cmon! Here boy!" The text no longer advances, and the music stops. The characters still move around in place, but nothing seems to work. Trying to press home or reset the console is out of the question as well, I have to completely power off the system. I've tried re-copying the game to my HDD twice, and even tried "acquiring" a different copy. I can't seem to find anyone else with the issue, but its not exactly an easy thing to search for, since this game is pretty nonexistent.

I know people HAVE gotten through this scene, and through the game at that.

If it's not a console bug, then perhaps it' something with my configuration.

Another option would be if there was a save of just after this dog scene. If anyone would be willing to help me out with this method, I could provide you with my saved data.

As a side note: I tried searching this forum for "Another Code"...well, the word "code" is apparently disallowed from search terms, and just searching for "another" brings up no results.

EDIT: Did a little more searching and dug up this bug on a different forum. Link
EDIT2: Wow...Google works fast. Already picking up my own post in search results. :glare:

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't recall having any bugs playing the game.

Edit: I may have had it freeze on me once or twice. I can't remember for sure, but it does seem familiar having to replay a section. Either way, it would have been a one-off glitch rather than a consistent issue.

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Another Code: R doesn't work 100% if your HDD/flash is formatted as 64KB - Using any cIOS

I've tested this many times in different ways, my copy is straightly dumped and verified from my disc, it just doesn't work right with 64KB
Every time you ring a doorbell the game freezes and ringing the doorbell at the cottage is needed to progress through the game.

If you still get freezes with 32KB then it is most likely a bad dump.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xpk24 @ Xpk24:
    esta bien pero tu lo vas hacer porfa
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Saying it like that sounds like you want others to do it than doing the research yourself.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I've already posted a link to the Nintendo DS section so that you can post something regarding your DS flashcart. Just make sure all of your posts are in English as this is against the rules.
  • Xpk24 @ Xpk24:
    no yo no estoy diciendo eso solo necesito una información que necesito calmado
  • Xpk24 @ Xpk24:
    no se no donde sea si pero aca en venezuela las consolas de ds esta descontinuadas y la poca información que consigo en internet no es la que nesecito
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You know, finding information about DS flashcarts isn't that hard. They can be found pretty much everywhere and a lot of them can be still bought, however, these are clones from previous generations.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    My apologies if I'm boring you. But if you'd like help with your DS flashcart, then I highly suggest making a thread to get a quick reply. Nobody is going to help in the chat section.
  • Xpk24 @ Xpk24:
    Hola chicos. Compré una nintendo dsi de segunda mano y viene con una tarjeta r4 pero no encontré su firmware/kernel. ¿Pueden ayudarme chicos? Este sitio dice: R4I-GOLDHK pero el enlace ya está inactivo
  • Xpk24 @ Xpk24:
    no tranquilo solo quiero informacion sobre esa tarjeta y bueno ya puede entrar en el discord de enlace
  • Xpk24 @ Xpk24:
    mas bien me alegro que alguien me responda este sisto wed
  • Xpk24 @ Xpk24:
    gracias por tomarte tu tiempo en explicarme
  • Xpk24 @ Xpk24:
    oye estas por hay?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Sup.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Please speak English.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Or get banned.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I asked them to translate their messages, but they didn't listen.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    For some reason..
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah man it's so much Spanish even my browsers asking to translate it
  • Xpk24 @ Xpk24:
    Hi guys. I bought a second hand nintendo dsi and it came with an r4 card but I couldn't find its firmware/kernel. Can you guys help me? This site says: R4I-GOLDHK but the link is already inactive
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I feel so good and at the same time so empty
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @NinStar, 🫂