Another Code: R - Weird Freeze

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by toastyc12, May 9, 2012.

May 9, 2012
  1. toastyc12
    OP

Newcomer toastyc12 Member

United States
    Has anyone played this?
    I seem to be getting a weird freeze in the midst of Chapter 2 of the game. Specifically inside the old shack when you try calling the dog. As soon as Ashley says "Cmon! Here boy!" The text no longer advances, and the music stops. The characters still move around in place, but nothing seems to work. Trying to press home or reset the console is out of the question as well, I have to completely power off the system. I've tried re-copying the game to my HDD twice, and even tried "acquiring" a different copy. I can't seem to find anyone else with the issue, but its not exactly an easy thing to search for, since this game is pretty nonexistent.

I know people HAVE gotten through this scene, and through the game at that.

If it's not a console bug, then perhaps it' something with my configuration.

Another option would be if there was a save of just after this dog scene. If anyone would be willing to help me out with this method, I could provide you with my saved data.

As a side note: I tried searching this forum for "Another Code"...well, the word "code" is apparently disallowed from search terms, and just searching for "another" brings up no results.

EDIT: Did a little more searching and dug up this bug on a different forum. Link
    EDIT2: Wow...Google works fast. Already picking up my own post in search results. :glare:

2. GaaraX

Newcomer GaaraX Newbie

Portugal
    bad dump try to get a new one
    worked with me
    cheers

3. grossaffe

Member grossaffe GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I don't recall having any bugs playing the game.

Edit: I may have had it freeze on me once or twice. I can't remember for sure, but it does seem familiar having to replay a section. Either way, it would have been a one-off glitch rather than a consistent issue.

4. SuperrSonic

Member SuperrSonic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Puerto Rico
    Another Code: R doesn't work 100% if your HDD/flash is formatted as 64KB - Using any cIOS

I've tested this many times in different ways, my copy is straightly dumped and verified from my disc, it just doesn't work right with 64KB
    Every time you ring a doorbell the game freezes and ringing the doorbell at the cottage is needed to progress through the game.

If you still get freezes with 32KB then it is most likely a bad dump.