Hacking Another Black Screen Bricked my wii thread

oceangoyo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was doing the 4.2 update and then going to do the update for modding my wii and this is as far as I got.

Installing The Homebrew Channel & Bootmii
Run bannerbomb by going to the Settings, Data Management, Channels, SD Card & choosing yes to load boot.dol/elf
This runs the Hackmii Installer from which you should install the Homebrew Channel, DVDX [optional], & Bootmii as IOS & boot2 if possible.

Updating your Wii
Run WAD Manager 1.5 from The Homebrew Channel.
When it opens choose IOS36. (it is probably already set to that)
Press A to leave NAND emulator disabled.
Press A to open from SD slot.
Scroll down the list to find & install:

IOS70-64-v6687.wad
& System Menu-NUS-v481.wad [NTSC-J = v480; PAL = v482]

Then proceed to install the remaining 25 IOS files & Shopping Channel-NUS-v18.wad
You can then erase everything from the update.zip & setup everything from the modify.zip
Advance to the Modify 4.2 section to reinstall The Homebrew Channel so it can run under the correct IOS'

Now I boot to a black screen. is there a reason why I boot to a black screen? What did I do wrong in that shit to make me brick my wii? Was it in the installing of the wads? I dont pretend to know what Im doing, I just follow the guide.

And is there a way to fix it?

pspmte

Trophies
XP
Country
Use cboot2 to run .dol or wad manager 1.5 .dol

Remeber next time to dump the nand first

Posts merged

Use cboot2 to run .dol or wad manager 1.5 .dol

Remember next time to dump the nand first

oceangoyo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're gonna have to bear with me here, how do I exactly run that If I have nothing on my screen?

Can you point me in the direction of something that explains this? Ive been reading about this but nothing that has anything to do with how it applies to my situation

Posts merged

You're gonna have to bear with me here, how do I exactly run that If I have nothing on my screen?

Can you point me in the direction of something that explains this? Ive been reading about this but nothing that has anything to do with how it applies to my situation.

Am i gonna screw up my wii further?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Link us the guide you used and how far into the guide you got.

Also did you install bootmii as boot2 and did you install preloader?

oceangoyo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the guide

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

and this is how far I made it

Installing The Homebrew Channel & Bootmii
Run bannerbomb by going to the Settings, Data Management, Channels, SD Card & choosing yes to load boot.dol/elf
This runs the Hackmii Installer from which you should install the Homebrew Channel, DVDX [optional], & Bootmii as IOS & boot2 if possible.

Updating your Wii
Run WAD Manager 1.5 from The Homebrew Channel.
When it opens choose IOS36. (it is probably already set to that)
Press A to leave NAND emulator disabled.
Press A to open from SD slot.
Scroll down the list to find & install:

IOS70-64-v6687.wad
& System Menu-NUS-v481.wad [NTSC-J = v480; PAL = v482]

Then proceed to install the remaining 25 IOS files & Shopping Channel-NUS-v18.wad
You can then erase everything from the update.zip & setup everything from the modify.zip
Advance to the Modify 4.2 section to reinstall The Homebrew Channel so it can run under the correct IOS'

I havnt the foggiest idead of what the hell I did wrong. I was almost certain I followed it word for word. Who knows tho.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok so did you install bootmii as boot2 or just as ios or both?

I'm guessing either you

A : Installed the system menu wad without installing the wad used by the system menu(In this case the ios70.wad)

or

B:Instead of installing some wads you deleted them.

oceangoyo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im am pretty sure I installed bootmii as boot2 as ios and boot2 cause it asked me if I wanted to do it from my SD card.

And I'm almost positve I installed all the wads.

I dont know about the other system menu thing.

Either way can I save the wii?

oceangoyo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok this no worky.

I tried the cboot2 and it did nothing. If anyone has any other ideas I would love to hear them.

dragonrose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I updated my wii just a few days ago using that same guide (i was already on 3.2e hacked) and it all went lawlessly, did you by chance use the 4.2E firmware instead of the 4.2U?

oceangoyo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea what I did wrong. I mean the instructions were not that hard. Why I was surprised that Im getting the black screen

That why i'm getting different suggestions and trying them

MrStripe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ziddey said:
yes if you installed bootmii as boot2

I have the same problem as TP.

I uninstalled bootmii as boot2 though (pretty stupid now yes I know, I just wanted to be able to turn on my wii from my wiimote and I didn't know bootmii was so important. Yes I feel like an idiot). I do have the IOS bootmii though.

So I'm assuming my wii is no good anymore.

Is there any other option?

Thanks in advance. Sorry you have to work with idiots like me on a regular basis.

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrStripe said:
I have the same problem as TP.

I uninstalled bootmii as boot2 though (pretty stupid now yes I know, I just wanted to be able to turn on my wii from my wiimote and I didn't know bootmii was so important. Yes I feel like an idiot). I do have the IOS bootmii though.

So I'm assuming my wii is no good anymore.

Is there any other option?

Thanks in advance. Sorry you have to work with idiots like me on a regular basis.
If you uninstalled bootmii/boot2 and you have a black screen at startup, you're probably screwed. The only shot you'd have for saving your wii is if you had preloader installed. Send it to nintendo and be more careful next time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...