annoying itouch ds problem

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Holaitsme, Aug 26, 2008.

Aug 26, 2008

annoying itouch ds problem by Holaitsme at 4:06 AM (1,241 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Holaitsme
    OP

Member Holaitsme 10/10 would be loyal again

United States
    ok so i have an itouch ds and at first it worked perfect, but then i noticed when i left my ds off for a long time (say about 2 hrs and then turn it on ) it just stayed with a black screen. Then it worsened and when i left it off for 10 minutes it just stayed with a black screen untill i blew in the microsd slot but whats has me confused is that i could have my ds on for 10hrs on sleep mode and then boot a game and it would still respond but i cant leave it off for 10 minutes or it wont respond at all
    if anyone could help me with this thank you.

2. g6team

Member g6team GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Hong Kong
    So when you turn off the console and turn it back on after a few hours the screen go black?

3. Holaitsme
    OP

United States
    ok let me explain it better when i turn off my ds for about 10 minutes and then turn it on the screens just stay black (no microsd not detected)and then i have to blow inside the microsd slot for it to boot but whats weird is i could be playing a game for about 1hr or more but it doesnt have anyproblems reading it.

4. g6team

Member g6team GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Hong Kong
    Hmm that's very odd. We have never heard of such cases. Perhaps there are dust within the cart? Or try using another MicroSD?

5. Holaitsme
    OP

United States
    it happens with both my kingston and sandisk micro sd if that helps.

6. dilav

Member dilav GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    can't help you, but thats quite strange. My M3 Real used to do the same exact thing except it wasnt the microSD card it was the M3 card/slot. It quit doing that recently though.

7. Holaitsme
    OP

United States
    i think it might be the micro sd slot since sometimes the micro sd had a hard time coming out.

8. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    its probably the contacts inside the msd slot. you know the itouch is very cheaply made thats why the cost is so low. perhaps you should return it for another. i recently read about an r4 with msd problems that now bricks dses when inserted, it was confirmed to brick 2 so far. blowing in it is probably a fluke, but you could try a can of compressed air. you shouldn't blow with your mouth because the water in your mouth can cause corruption on the metal contacts inside the kit/nds.

-another world

9. Holaitsme
    OP

United States
    dammit Ive officially given up on this card it hasn't booted up in like 3 days so while i wait to get my acekard 2 its back to gnm for me.