Annoying colorsDS glitch?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by guachoguacho, Mar 17, 2017.

1. guachoguacho
    OP

guachoguacho Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2016
    Venezuela
    Hi, I've been using the original colorsDS homebrew for the ds as a digital sketchpath. Lately, I've been getting this really frustrating input problem when painting. What happens is I start making a stroke:

[​IMG]

and suddenly the cursor will shot up to the left:

[​IMG]

or sometimes, random spots of paint will appear in other parts of the screen:

[​IMG]

It doesn't happen all the time, but it's constant enough to take the joy out of painting on the ds. I don't know if is this something with the homebrew itself, or is it a problem with my own tactile screen? I tried recalibrating.

2. jurassicplayer

jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

Mar 7, 2009
    United States
    Pantsuland
    It's more likely your DS than the homebrew.

wormdood likes this.
  3. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    isnt stuff like acidentally touch two points of the screen at the same time? happened to me some times ...
    aww i liked this app, sad that when I got wifi and wante dto use the gallery suppot for that, they canceled it and the homebrew support to make it an official product lol

4. guachoguacho
    OP

guachoguacho Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2016
    Venezuela
    Sigh. not the answer I wanted to hear for sure haha.
    Thanks... I'll try to deal with it. Could it be fixed by replacing the touchscreen?

5. jurassicplayer

jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

Mar 7, 2009
    United States
    Pantsuland
    Maybe? I mean I don't really know what is the problem. If you do everything well, it might get fixed. Or maybe you might also cause other issues trying to replace it (if you do it poorly and parts are pressured strangely). I want to imagine that the problem is because something like that.

Last edited by jurassicplayer, Mar 18, 2017