Homebrew COMPLETED [Announcement] SwitchDB - Switch database for Homebrew applications

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy

What is SwitchDB?

For those used with PSVita scene, they probably already heard about VitaDB, a PSVita database for Homebrew applications even recommended by Team Molecule as trusted source for getting homebrews on your console ( https://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it ).
Since the sourcecode of VitaDB was good enough to be easily adapted for other underground scenes, i decided to start SwitchDB, a website where users can find updated and trusted homebrews for their Nintendo Switch.

I'm a developer and want to add my homebrews on it, can i?

As of now, support for Developers is not yet completed (it was under working on VitaDB but never finished it due to low amount of active developers on the scene. Basically it was not worth the effort. But if on Switch we'll have tons of active developers, i may be motivated enough to work on this), however if you have released something and you opened a thread here about the homebrew, i'll probably find it by myself and add it on the website. If this doesn't happen, feel free to PM me (even if i won't use GBAtemp very often due to previous experiences i had with this website) or to contact me on Twitter ( https://twitter.com/Rinnegatamante ).

I'm a developer, what advantages i get from having my homebrews on that website?

First of, you'll get visibility for your homebrew, helping end users to get in contact with your work.
SwitchDB offers downloads counter too for each homebrew so you'll be able to monitor how many times it got downloaded.
Finally, SwitchDB allows developers to add Patreon, PayPal.Me and Bitcoin information to get supported: those info will be shown in your personal page where all your homebrews will be listed and in every single homebrew page related to an homebrew made by yourself!

I want to help the development of the website, can i?

SwitchDB is completely opensource. Repository can be found on GitHub here: https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/SwitchDB
You should be used with CSS and AngularJS for the frontend and with PHP for the backend in order to work on it.

I want to be a moderator/admin in order to push new contents on the platform, can i?

Moderators/Admins are welcome but due to the nature of the role, i only pick trusted people in the team since admins will have access to bintray repository where homebrews are stored AND website admin panel while moderators will have access to contents modification via moderator panel.
On VitaDB the staff is composed, for example, by me, devnoname120 (a trusted developer main maintainer of vitasdk and author of VHBB, an application that uses VitaDB APIs to download homebrews directly from PSVita itself), @gnmmarechal (a trusted guy that always helped me with tests and whatsoever whenever i asked and he also hosts some RetroArch Nightlies on his vps for VitaDB), Aurora who is a moderator/newshunter on Wololo.net and Arkanite who is a trusted developer author of several cool homebrews and one of the authors of VHBB.
So, if you are someone who i never heard about then sorry but don't even ask for a role.

I see on latest modifcations that there were more homebrews, where they go?

I've actually removed kgDoom and SpaceNx for the sole reason that using libtransistor they're actually incompatible with plutoo's HBL.
As soon as they get recompiled with newer libtransistor compatible with plutoo's HBL, i'll re-add them to the homebrews list.

I want to support the project, can i?

I have a Patreon page principally dedicated to PSVITA scene.
Supportes on Patreon will still be shown in the Supporters page on both SwitchDB and VitaDB: http://switchdb.rinnegatamante.it/#/supporters
Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/Rinnegatamante

I already had a VitaDB account, should i create a new one for SwitchDB?

No, SwitchDB and VitaDB share the same accounts.

Last edited by Rinnegatamante,

ferrums

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ferrums.de
XP
Country
Germany
I've actually removed kgDoom and SpaceNx for the sole reason that using libtransistor they're actually incompatible with plutoo's HBL.
So, with the release of libtransistor 1.1.1, libtransistor-based homebrew is now compatible with HBL.

As such, I uploaded another new .nro to the releases page. Currently it (and other libtransistor homebrew) will crash if you try to exit the game via the menu, but you can press Home to get back to HBL through the album.

Thanks to everyone who worked on HBL, libnx and libtransistor for this progress so far.
SpaceNx is now compatible with HBL.

Patatas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Awesome! I know is too early to ask, but seeing Devnoname120, who is (as you said) the creator of VHBB (awesome tool btw), are there plans to create a Switch homebrew browser in a similar manner?

I don't want to put pressure or anything, is just that VHBB is really good and I would love to have something like that on the switch in the future :)

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
SpaceNx is now compatible with HBL.

Added it back, thanks for letting me know.

Awesome! I know is too early to ask, but seeing Devnoname120, who is (as you said) the creator of VHBB (awesome tool btw), are there plans to create a Switch homebrew browser in a similar manner?

I don't want to put pressure or anything, is just that VHBB is really good and I would love to have something like that on the switch in the future :)

Don't know. It will depends if someone decides to pick up the task.
Developers API are already available and if someone needs changes, he can contact me to ask about them (as devnoname120 did when starting working on VitaDB support for VHBB).

Fadi5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Added it back, thanks for letting me know.

Don't know. It will depends if someone decides to pick up the task.
Developers API are already available and if someone needs changes, he can contact me to ask about them (as devnoname120 did when starting working on VitaDB support for VHBB).
Please can you add retroarch on HBL via switchDB?
Thanks

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
SwitchDB sourcecode is now online: https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/SwitchDB

Also a recently added feature in VitaDB is now available on SwitchDB too:
Developers are now able to add Patreon, PayPal.Me and Bitcoin information that will be shown in their personal page and in their authored homebrew pages.
This will allow them to get supported from the community for their works!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ