anime based rpg

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by HBKwowo, Feb 13, 2013.

Feb 13, 2013

anime based rpg by HBKwowo at 9:47 PM (2,704 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. HBKwowo
    OP

Newcomer HBKwowo Newbie

Poland
    Hello

Can any1 suggest me anime story based jrpg on nintendo ds ? Maybe something similiar to inazuma eleven series ? :) Would be nice, at least Jrpg with not heavy story, i mean funny, easy

Best regards

2. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Define 'anime-based'

3. Tornplaya

Newcomer Tornplaya Member

United States
    Do you mean a title about an anime tv show or movie? What do you mean about funny and easy? Do you want an easy game with comedy? Can you be more specific because I'm not sure what you mean by anime based either. I know plenty of jrpgs too.

4. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
  5. Chary

Reporter Chary GBAtemp's #1 Naoto

pip
    United States
    Dragonball attack of the saiyans?

6. PortablePlatypus

Newcomer PortablePlatypus Member

United States
    So you're looking for rpgs with an anime-esque storyline and characters but not necessarily a licensed game? You might enjoy Super Robot Taisen: OG Saga in that case. It's got a lot of humor weaved into it.

7. Sora de Eclaune

Member Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

United States
    There's are two Keroro Gunso / Sgt. Frog games for the Nintendo DS. One plays exactly like a Tales game, while the other appears to be a 2D sidescrolling platformer. Sadly, they're Japan-only and have no translation patch.

However, the Tales-like game is "Keroro RPG: Kishi to Musha to Densetsu no Kaizoku" and the platformer is "Chou-Gekijou-Ban Keroro Gunsou 4" if you want to look them up.

8. GHANMI

Member GHANMI GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    You forgot Chou-Gekijou-Ban Keroro Gunsou 3, it's a platformer like its sequel. If you want to to get 4, do NOT get the Korean version since it had all voice work removed due to licensing issues. Keroro RPG has a faq somewhere (and a discontinued fan-translation), and I would like the help of a translator to translate it since I did some successful tests on the text.
    Solatorobo and Ninokuni (DS, PS3) are made in colloboration with animation studios, and are pretty good.
    Also you could go with all "Tales Of" games: Graces, Vesperia, Xillia, Hearts and Symphonia (Keroro RPG also is part of the series) ...

9. Sora de Eclaune

Member Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

United States
    Oh! Right! Some of those have OVAs and manga! They fit perfectly!

I know that Tales of Innocence has a manga, but I'm not sure there's any manga adaptations for the other DS Tales games, nor are there OVAs for any of the DS Tales games as far as I can see.