Gaming Animal Crossing Too Little Kid Like?

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Till I can Pimp out Mabel and Sabel to Blathers while keeping Tom Nooks human traffic operation following smoothly while havin' my dawg K.K. covering me in a a drive by from Tortimer's gang, Animal Crossing isnt good enough for a cold hard thug like me.

0o6zp3u.png

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
At 28 you should be playing entirely different games with your wife. :creep:
He said wife, not girlfriend... might as well get her into Animal Crossing or Pokemon once you tie the knot, coz there's no chance you'll be getting your sausage wet anymore ;)

I LOVED my first time playing Animal Crossing, fabulous little game that hooks you for months! There then came a day when I thought 'WTF am I doing still playing this?'
Certainly got more than my money's worth by that point though, and I envy anyone who's getting to play it for the first time. Already got New Leaf though, and will probably fire it up for 10 minutes every so often (my youngest lad has the 3DS strapped to his hand with it mind!) but I'll admit I've kinda gone off the series a bit. Still a great game for all ages though!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
He said wife, not girlfriend... might as well get her into Animal Crossing or Pokemon once you tie the knot, coz there's no chance you'll be getting your sausage wet anymore ;)

Wow. That's just... depressing. :huh:

You should invest some time in your love life, just because you tied the knot doesn't mean that you got your lass in a snare... because if you think it does, no wonder you have problems with humidity. :creep:

D

Deleted_171835

How? It was geared towards a certain audience, yet attracted an entirely different one. The only difference is one was a joke people took too far.
Because Animal Crossing is geared to everyone (adults and children alike) while MLP is a cartoon specifically aimed at young girls that has been adopted by a creepy fanbase obsessing and fantasizing about a couple animated ponies.

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because Animal Crossing is geared to everyone (adults and children alike) while MLP is a cartoon specifically aimed at young girls that has been adopted by a creepy fanbase obsessing and fantasizing about a couple animated ponies.

The overall theme of the game points more to a younger audience then adults, maybe now its geared towards everyone, but I highly doubt they imagined 23 year old neck-beards playing this game on their downtime when the series first began. Its the same case with MLP. And if you think Animal Crossing is without its own creepy fanbase then your entirely wrong.

D

Deleted_171835

The overall theme of the game points more to a younger audience then adults, maybe now its geared towards everyone, but I highly doubt they imagined 23 year old neck-beards playing this game on their downtime. And if you think Animal Crossing is without its own creepy fanbase then your entirely wrong.
The "overall theme of the game" was designed to be appealing to people of all ages while still being family-friendly, even the GC one. Even the sales point to this, with it being most popular among women aged between 19 and 24.

RXKCkxd.jpg

And pretty much every popular series has at least a couple creepy fans. But with MLP, it's extended towards the entire fanbase (considering it really should only appeal to prepubescent girls) with the whole brony nonsense.

Reactions: gamefan5

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The "overall theme of the game" was designed to be appealing to people of all ages while still being family-friendly, even the GC one. Even the sales point to this, with it being most popular among women aged between 19 and 24.

RXKCkxd.jpg

And pretty much every popular series has at least a couple creepy fans. But with MLP, it's extended towards the entire fanbase (considering it really should only appeal to prepubescent girls) with the whole brony nonsense.

Hence why I said, at first it was aimed towards a younger audience. Of course audience has expanded and is common among more age groups and so the game has been adjusted to said groups. Its just like the creators of MLP have seen their audience and adjusted the show to suite such.

My whole point is the Animal Crossing and MLP franchises has audiences you wouldn't expect said franchise to contend to.

D

Deleted_171835

Hence why I said, at first it was aimed towards a younger audience. Of course audience has expanded and is common among more age groups and so the game has been adjusted to said groups. Its just like the creators of MLP have seen their audience and adjusted the show to suite such.
My whole point is the Animal Crossing and MLP franchises has audiences you wouldn't expect said franchise to contend to.
It was never initially aimed specifically for a younger audience. It was designed to appeal to everyone while still being family-friendly. Have you even played Animal Crossing for the GC, not much has changed in terms of the overall tone to increase appeal.

And lol @ MLP "adjusting to a new audience". The show is still very much a children's show, as it should be.

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was never initially aimed specifically for a younger audience. It was designed to appeal to everyone while still being family-friendly. Have you even played Animal Crossing for the GC, not much has changed in terms of the overall tone to increase appeal.

And lol @ MLP "adjusting to a new audience". The show is still very much a children's show, as it should be.

Ok, ok. You got me there. The season primer's are always some weird shit. I have played it on the GC (but it was only a rental) and it still felt like a game centered around anthromorphic (Spell check doesnt like me today :l) chibi animals living in a peaceful little town with petty problems at best, and how you interact with them, seems like it could also work quite well as a children's TV show.

Also, nice to have a good back and forth like old times :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?