Animal Crossing Save Data Help

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys. I am literally feeling sick to my stomach. I think I might have just deleted my Animal Crossing save and I don't know what to do.

I bought a new Switch. And did the system transfer. So it deleted everything off my old Switch. I then redownloaded all my games and went to boot up Animal Crossing and it started a new game... I assumed I'd have the ability to use the transfer tool on my old Switch or pull it down from the cloud as I had the backups enabled in the game. But I can't seem to figure out anything.

Is my Island data lost? I can't seem to figure out at all what to do.

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Here is a detailed explaination :
https://animalcrossingworld.com/gui...-your-island-in-animal-crossing-new-horizons/
So the easiest way is to try to convince Nintendo that your old Switch broke and ask them to restore your island on your new Switch. Presuming you are not a pirate and legally purchased the game that is.

If you are on CFW, just fire up Checkpoint to see if your save game is still there.
It depends on how you deleted 'everything' on your old Switch, the save data might still be there.If you deleted all your games one by one, then usually your save games are available.
If you completely reset your Switch to factory mode then everything is gone.
In that case, asking the helpl of Nintendo is the only option.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a detailed explaination :
https://animalcrossingworld.com/gui...-your-island-in-animal-crossing-new-horizons/
So the easiest way is to try to convince Nintendo that your old Switch broke and ask them to restore your island on your new Switch. Presuming you are not a pirate and legally purchased the game that is.

If you are on CFW, just fire up Checkpoint to see if your save game is still there.
It depends on how you deleted 'everything' on your old Switch, the save data might still be there.If you deleted all your games one by one, then usually your save games are available.
If you completely reset your Switch to factory mode then everything is gone.
In that case, asking the helpl of Nintendo is the only option.
Appreciate the help. I was looking into that. Do I really have to tell them my switch broke? I don't really see why they wouldn't be willing to help just by telling them the truth. I mean either way I bought a new Switch from them.

I chose the transfer to new switch option and delete old data on the old switch because I was going to be selling that one. So I'm pretty sure it did delete everything as it removed my user account.

I will try to contact Nintendo first thing tomorrow.

Another thing is I also can't get into the save data menu in Animal Crossing because I don't have access to the title screen yet. Might I actually have to start a new game just to be able to get to the restore options?

Oh and one last thing, I have never done any CFW or piracy of any sort so I should be good there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-