Gaming Animal Crossing on PAL Wii (Wiikey)

Nostrobot966

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried Animal Crossing backups on my PAL Wii (modded with Wiikey). I cannot get it to work:

- NTSC version, disc recognized as Gamecube game, then I get Nintendo logo (looks squashed), then I can hear the music, but all I get is a black screen

- PAL version, disc recognized as Gamecube game then all I get is a black screen and stays like that

- I tried original from a friend, works fine

I am 100% sure its not a problem with the media because I have tried many Wii backups with no problems.

Any ideas whats going on?
wacko.gif

Thanks!

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you run the Wiikey disc? Version 1.2 and set the wii to region override enabled. Should do the trick.

Since doing that, i can play my USA original GC games on my PAL Wii!

Nostrobot966

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I did. Didnt make a difference
blink.gif

Can someone please confirm if animal crossing PAL and/or NTSC works on PAL Wii with wiikey, WITHOUT GCOS?

Thanks!

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
I will get this, Animal_Crossing_PAL_MULTI5_NGC_INTERNAL-CONSOLE4FR, and try tonight on my PAL wii with Wiikey and report back. Will just burn on its own, no GCOS.

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I tried the PAL one above and got no-where, which is strange, but even when i tried to burn it, nero didnt really like it, but i ignored the error and alas it did not boot, even though it was recognised as a GC Game.

However, i did try: Animal_Crossing_NGC_NTSC_USA

Whish got me as far as the nintendo logo when booting the game, then it was a black screen and only sound. I just realised, it could be because my Wii is set to EDTV/480p mode and this may have caused problem with the video, im going out now, but give that one a try and see if it works for you. This is the first game that has ever given me an issue, i mean even stuff like my fifa 07, both USA and PAL work, f-zero, etc. most my GC games even my original ones are all NTSC, they all work.

I think the PAL animal crossing iso is bad and you might have more success with the NTSC one.

If you are saying the original works, then i think both these dumps are bad, just re-read your original post.

I did wonder, because even the iso's were not the correct normal GC size.

Nostrobot966

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I tried the PAL one above and got no-where, which is strange, but even when i tried to burn it, nero didnt really like it, but i ignored the error and alas it did not boot, even though it was recognised as a GC Game.

However, i did try: Animal_Crossing_NGC_NTSC_USA

Whish got me as far as the nintendo logo when booting the game, then it was a black screen and only sound. I just realised, it could be because my Wii is set to EDTV/480p mode and this may have caused problem with the  video, im going out now, but give that one a try and see if it works for you. This is the first game that has ever given me an issue, i mean even stuff like my fifa 07, both USA and PAL work, f-zero, etc. most my GC games even my original ones are all NTSC, they all work.

I think the PAL animal crossing iso is bad and you might have more success with the NTSC one.

If you are saying the original works, then i think both these dumps are bad, just re-read your original post.

I did wonder, because even the iso's were not the correct normal GC size.

Ok it seems that we got identical results with both PAL and NTSC versions! Interesting huh. Can I use wiikey 1.2 disc to dump the original game onto SD card and then burn the iso from that? Or it doesnt work like that?

Thanks a lot!

Nostrobot966

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I make a backup of the original PAL Animal Crossing via the wiikey disc (1.2) - should the resulting ISO work once burned on a dvd?

Thanks.

Nostrobot966

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright some good news
rofl2.gif

I made a copy of the original Animal Crossing (PAL) using the LG... and hell, it WORKED!!!!
grog.gif

Thankyou LG
bow.gif

Now, should I release the ISO
unsure.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i have a freeloader and that did override the problem of it not booting properly, i've never had the need for the gcos as i have the freeloader that is compatible with the wii, the same thing happened to paper mario ntsc (black screen, won't boot) and i just booted the game with a freeloader and it booted fine after that, the two games i tried are both legit games, not backups.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-