Animal Crossing on PAL Wii (Wiikey)

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Nostrobot966, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Nostrobot966
    OP

Nostrobot966 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    I have tried Animal Crossing backups on my PAL Wii (modded with Wiikey). I cannot get it to work:

- NTSC version, disc recognized as Gamecube game, then I get Nintendo logo (looks squashed), then I can hear the music, but all I get is a black screen

- PAL version, disc recognized as Gamecube game then all I get is a black screen and stays like that

- I tried original from a friend, works fine

I am 100% sure its not a problem with the media because I have tried many Wii backups with no problems.

Any ideas whats going on? [​IMG]

Thanks!

2. Pikachu025

Pikachu025 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 3, 2006
    Australia
    Austria
    I tried both the US and the PAL version through GCOS and they worked fine. So, maybe use GCOS?

3. Nostrobot966
    OP

Nostrobot966 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    Er, why would it need GCOS? I thought Wiikey was supposed to run all Gamecube backups, all regions...

4. Pikachu025

Pikachu025 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 3, 2006
    Australia
    Austria
    I dunno, I just used GCOS cause of the mass GC game on one disc feature.

5. squirt1000

squirt1000 Would rather have a cup of Tea!

Banned
    Jul 14, 2003
    Devon, UK
    Worked fine for me again on GCOS multigame disk.

6. aligborat69

aligborat69 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 15, 2006
    Did you run the Wiikey disc? Version 1.2 and set the wii to region override enabled. Should do the trick.

Since doing that, i can play my USA original GC games on my PAL Wii!

7. Nostrobot966
    OP

Nostrobot966 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    Yes I did. Didnt make a difference [​IMG]

Can someone please confirm if animal crossing PAL and/or NTSC works on PAL Wii with wiikey, WITHOUT GCOS?

Thanks!

8. aligborat69

aligborat69 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 15, 2006
    I will get this, Animal_Crossing_PAL_MULTI5_NGC_INTERNAL-CONSOLE4FR, and try tonight on my PAL wii with Wiikey and report back. Will just burn on its own, no GCOS.

9. Nostrobot966
    OP

Nostrobot966 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    Yup, that is the PAL version I burned! Thanks, let me know [​IMG]

10. aligborat69

aligborat69 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 15, 2006
    Hi I tried the PAL one above and got no-where, which is strange, but even when i tried to burn it, nero didnt really like it, but i ignored the error and alas it did not boot, even though it was recognised as a GC Game.

However, i did try: Animal_Crossing_NGC_NTSC_USA

Whish got me as far as the nintendo logo when booting the game, then it was a black screen and only sound. I just realised, it could be because my Wii is set to EDTV/480p mode and this may have caused problem with the video, im going out now, but give that one a try and see if it works for you. This is the first game that has ever given me an issue, i mean even stuff like my fifa 07, both USA and PAL work, f-zero, etc. most my GC games even my original ones are all NTSC, they all work.

I think the PAL animal crossing iso is bad and you might have more success with the NTSC one.

If you are saying the original works, then i think both these dumps are bad, just re-read your original post.

I did wonder, because even the iso's were not the correct normal GC size.

11. Nostrobot966
    OP

Nostrobot966 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    Ok it seems that we got identical results with both PAL and NTSC versions! Interesting huh. Can I use wiikey 1.2 disc to dump the original game onto SD card and then burn the iso from that? Or it doesnt work like that?

Thanks a lot!

12. Nostrobot966
    OP

Nostrobot966 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    If I make a backup of the original PAL Animal Crossing via the wiikey disc (1.2) - should the resulting ISO work once burned on a dvd?

Thanks.

13. aligborat69

aligborat69 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 15, 2006
    Im not sure if it works for GC games, thought it was only wii! Give it a try!

14. Nostrobot966
    OP

Nostrobot966 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    Alright some good news [​IMG]

I made a copy of the original Animal Crossing (PAL) using the LG... and hell, it WORKED!!!! [​IMG]

Thankyou LG [​IMG]

Now, should I release the ISO [​IMG]

15. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
    i have a freeloader and that did override the problem of it not booting properly, i've never had the need for the gcos as i have the freeloader that is compatible with the wii, the same thing happened to paper mario ntsc (black screen, won't boot) and i just booted the game with a freeloader and it booted fine after that, the two games i tried are both legit games, not backups.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice