ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

c4655362

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way you can enter in your own values for the patterns?
It'll only let me go up to 9 when I need to go up to 20

JoJodude

Trophies
XP
Country
Mhm! I dropped them in, not into any specific folder. I dunno if that was right but-- I did it.
I entered the first link, and it took me to the inject screen, but it never actually crashed.

No folder at (root) then you dump and edit, and then inject. If it dont work then goto brower and clear data

Eve Chime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No folder at (root) then you dump and edit, and then inject. If it dont work then goto brower and clear data

Theres actually a folder called root??
Okay- I'll try again then!
Where can you find that folder? (Sorry if I am being a tad annoying with all the questions.)

c4655362

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get my villager's house to move no matter what number I enter.
Also it'd be nice if you could display the number on the map. I wouldn't have to count all those squares then :P

D

Deleted User

I found 3 question marks (?). They are, Treestump (heart), Treestump (4 leaf clover), Treestump (butterfly). Please add them.

Totally Tim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found some more addresses over the past few days. Most of these are trivial/for fun, but I figured that someone might be interested in them.

Player Names
First Character's/Mayor's Name: 0x55C8 to 0x55D7
Second Character's Name: 0xF4D8 to 0xF4E6
Third Character's Name: 0x193E8 to 0x193F7
Fourth Character's Name: 0x232F8 to 0x23307

Names cannot be longer than 8 characters in length.

Player Genders
First Character's/Mayor's Gender: 0x55DA to 0x55DB
Second Character's Gender: 0xF4EA to 0xF4EB
Third Character's Gender: 0x193FA to 0x193FB
Fourth Character's Gender: 0x2330A to 0x2330B

Gender Values: 00 00 = Male, 00 01 = Female.
Bytes need to be reversed in order to work.

Also worth mentioning that the game will change your face if you swap to a gender that can't normally have it. It might not be possible to mix and match faces for each gender in this game, unfortunately.

Player Town Names on Town Pass Cards
First Character's/Mayor's Town Name: 0x55DE to 0x55ED
Second Character's Town Name: 0xF4EE to 0xF4FD
Third Character's Town Name: 0x193FE to 0x1940D
Fourth Character's Town Name: 0x2330E to 0x2331D

Changing the town name on your Town Pass Card has the side effect of NPCs referring to your town's name as whatever you enter into this field. You can actually set a unique town name for each player character, and have the villagers refer to the town by each player character's specific town name whenever you play as them. Your actual town name and signs that mention your town name will be unaffected, though. Town names cannot be longer than 8 characters in length.

Player Town Pass Card Catchphrases

First Character's/Mayor's Catchphrase: 0x6B44 to 0x6B83
Second Character's Catchphrase: 0x10A54 to 0x10A93
Third Character's Catchphrase: 0x1A964 to 0x1A9A3
Fourth Character's Catchphrase: 0x24874 to 0x248B3

For catchphrase messages, the length limit is determined by how much space the characters take up in the message box. A length of 32 is the maximum number of characters that the game allows you to type for your message ingame (using only very small characters like periods and commas). You can edit in a normal message that the game normally wouldn't allow you to fit in the box such as, "I like old video games/music.", which will display ingame, but will run outside of the border of the message window on your card. It's no big deal, though.

On another note, I've been wondering lately if it's possible to replace the picture ID on the Town Pass Card with a custom image through hex. It feels like that would be some sort of image file, since there are so many different possibilities for your picture.

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice one Totally Tim! Hey do you think that you can find all the Player's Bank Accounts and Max Out Bank Accounts if you can take a request? If so I appreciate your work! If not please don't worry.

Totally Tim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice one Totally Tim! Hey do you think that you can find all the Player's Bank Accounts and Max Out Bank Accounts if you can take a request? If so I appreciate your work! If not please don't worry.

I'll see what I can do.

In other news, I discovered which values correspond to the special unicode characters in this game.

Special Unicode Characters (Warning: Big Images)
gBvHa0A.jpg

819bU5Z.jpg

These appear to work in any field in the game where you can enter text. Only problem is that I screwed up at some point (probably around the area where the invisible characters appeared in the middle of the icons of three people and the boxes with x's in them), and my hex ID order is out of whack now. Would anyone be interested in doing some further investigation? I can post the list that I have right now, as I'd really rather not sit through trying to figure out all of those character IDs again.

Reactions: ToonRudy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 📚 🗒️ ✏️ 🤓 +1