ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

Kippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, noob here. I'm having trouble with the map editor. I edited it to look like how I want to, then put the new ram onto my sd card, and injected it. The bottom screen displays the map how I made it but the top screen is my normal town. I loaded it into the RAM editor and it shows the map how I made it. I saved it, injected the ram, and when I opened up my game it started loading, then crashed before the title screen popped up. What am I doing wrong? (I'm sorry if there is a tutorial, I haven't seen one yet). Thanks!!!!

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, noob here. I'm having trouble with the map editor. I edited it to look like how I want to, then put the new ram onto my sd card, and injected it. The bottom screen displays the map how I made it but the top screen is my normal town. I loaded it into the RAM editor and it shows the map how I made it. I saved it, injected the ram, and when I opened up my game it started loading, then crashed before the title screen popped up. What am I doing wrong? (I'm sorry if there is a tutorial, I haven't seen one yet). Thanks!!!!

when you injected the RAM into your game, did you save after verifying that the bottom screen was how you wanted it?? changes to the map wont be visible on the top screen, only terrain changes (trees, moved pwps, etc), but the map changes can be seen on the bottom screen.

Kippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when you injected the RAM into your game, did you save after verifying that the bottom screen was how you wanted it?? changes to the map wont be visible on the top screen, only terrain changes (trees, moved pwps, etc), but the map changes can be seen on the bottom screen.

EDIT
I realize you were probably talking about saving in game. No, I'll try that now with one of my backups. So you save first and then the changes are made?

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT
I realize you were probably talking about saving in game. No, I'll try that now with one of my backups. So you save first and then the changes are made?

in game, yes.
after injecting the RAM, enter/exit a building, and then verify that the map on the bottom is correct.
if it is, save & quit and restart the game
the changes will be applied.

Kippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in game, yes.
after injecting the RAM, enter/exit a building, and then verify that the map on the bottom is correct.
if it is, save & quit and restart the game
the changes will be applied.

Thanks! But there is one problem. my ds keeps saying an error has occurred, so the software had to close. I got the map to work once before...
EDIT
my backup, the file I know works, is not working. Plus, I can't reinstall it BECAUSE IT'S A DIGITAL COPY. :(

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! But there is one problem. my ds keeps saying an error has occurred, so the software had to close. I got the map to work once before...
EDIT
my backup, the file I know works, is not working. Do I have to reinstall acnl? (It's ok if I do, I can just get it back to the way I want it)

after injecting, that's what it does
it says "an error has occured, please restart the system" or something of that nature.
disregard it, that's the changes taking effect, and go back to the game. enter/exit a building and the changes should be there

Kippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after injecting, that's what it does
it says "an error has occured, please restart the system" or something of that nature.
disregard it, that's the changes taking effect, and go back to the game. enter/exit a building and the changes should be there

No, but that isn't the brower, it's the game. I can't open the game. If that is what is supposed to happen then I am very confused. I have successfully injected things before...
luckily I have another sd card with acnl so I could just delete acnl on this copy, then copy everything from that sd card onto the one that used to have acnl and then use that? would that work?

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, but that isn't the brower, it's the game. I can't open the game. If that is what is supposed to happen then I am very confused. I have successfully injected things before...
luckily I have another sd card with acnl so I could just delete acnl on this copy, then copy everything from that sd card onto the one that used to have acnl and then use that? would that work?
i'm a bit confused. the browser is supposed to error out, not the game.
do you have a backup of your town that works??

Kippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It appears not. It's ok though, I have an sd card with another copy (I had that one, got a new one, redownloaded acnl.) I'd just create a new save.

Kippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm a bit confused. the browser is supposed to error out, not the game.
do you have a backup of your town that works??

It appears not. It's ok though, I have an sd card with another copy (I had that one, got a new one, redownloaded acnl.) I'd just create a new save. (dang it forgot to reply to you, disregard the other post I made randomly)
It's odd though, I have backups from before i even touched the map editor. They don't work.

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It appears not. It's ok though, I have an sd card with another copy (I had that one, got a new one, redownloaded acnl.) I'd just create a new save. (dang it forgot to reply to you, disregard the other post I made randomly)
It's odd though, I have backups from before i even touched the map editor. They don't work.

im sorry i couldnt help you ; n; i hope that this time around, everything works as it should!!

Kippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any hack that lets you skip the pwp permit thing and place pwp's normally and any others to max out your house expansions

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

jmml97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If I change the position of a permanent building, will the dirt below it be moved to the new location? Or if I move the Town Hall, will the cobblestone move along with it? Thanks!

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I change the position of a permanent building, will the dirt below it be moved to the new location? Or if I move the Town Hall, will the cobblestone move along with it? Thanks!

no and no.
first one cant be helped, second one: the cobblestone can be moved with the acre editor. i'll grab the link for you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Oh God no :ohnoes:
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pineapple is the safe word?
    But you said pine apple...
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog: