ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
you guys know how to convert ram files to garden?
I'd probably wait until someone who knows a bit more comes on but I'd try downloading NLSE, opening a save and and importing your RAM dump over the save then saving, It should work. Back up your save as always.

There's probably a quicker way.

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
JKSV works just fine. no need to mess with secure value it does it for you.
I'd use it but I have no idea how to install it nor what any of it means.

Fairly new to homebrew hacking.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is it even possible to edit the mainstreet's shops?

(Not the items, the actual shop upgrades).

I used to be really familiar with editing my ram via hex when everyone used to do that, but now with the new type of save file I don't know whether I should experiment changing some stuff or just leave it alone in case it corrupts it..

All of the coordinates are different :S

Last edited by Jarrad,

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Don't think anyone has looked that far. I asked around a month ago if anyone knew the values to change Nooks into Nookingtons and unlock Sable's QR machine without talking to her every day and no one knew how to.

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd use it but I have no idea how to install it nor what any of it means.

Fairly new to homebrew hacking.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is it even possible to edit the mainstreet's shops?

(Not the items, the actual shop upgrades).

I used to be really familiar with editing my ram via hex when everyone used to do that, but now with the new type of save file I don't know whether I should experiment changing some stuff or just leave it alone in case it corrupts it..

All of the coordinates are different :S

are you on CFW? in that case just grab the CIA and install it with FBI.
if not, I assume you have atleast access to homebrew menu? then use SVDT.

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
are you on CFW? in that case just grab the CIA and install it with FBI.
if not, I assume you have atleast access to homebrew menu? then use SVDT.
I am, but I don't have the space to.

It means I'll have to delete one of my games and I'm not willing to do that when I already have the cia version on my regular 3ds (unhackable) as well as a physical cartridge.

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
I am, but I don't have the space to.

It means I'll have to delete one of my games and I'm not willing to do that when I already have the cia version on my regular 3ds (unhackable) as well as a physical cartridge.
the JKSV CIA is a homebrew to backup/import save files, it's really small. you'll be able to install it.
you can even backup a save from your CIA version of New leaf and import it into your cart, for example.

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, but they are shifted 0x80 bytes.
Indeed, I'm starting to consider creating a the definitive RAM dumper/injector using the same garden.dat format.

Is it possible if I just add the extra bytes to an old ram file that it'll be readable in garden format?

Wouldn't I just then have to update the secure NAND

(also how come when we were using ram hacks we didn't have to worry about NAND values?)

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
I think it ignores the secure value because the save is permanent and the RAM is just at runtime, which was something that was overlooked by Nintendo I'm guessing.
Oh, so is it impossible to convert old ram files into gardens then?

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Is it possible if I just add the extra bytes to an old ram file that it'll be readable in garden format?

Wouldn't I just then have to update the secure NAND

(also how come when we were using ram hacks we didn't have to worry about NAND values?)
Yes, it's possible. The secure NAND will need to be updated through the editor, or save managers like svdt.

The secure NAND value is only read when booting the game, if the stored value in NAND is different from the one in the savegame, the savegame becomes invalid. RAM is being injected in realtime, so the NAND value is not read. Indeed, the NAND value is not on RAM.

Oh, so is it impossible to convert old ram files into gardens then?
It's completely possible. Unfortunately, some data like stored patterns, letters and streetpass houses can't be restored, since they are not in the RAM dump.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Guillotine