ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf ROM Hacking

troa11

Older Than You
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So hey. If some of you have been poking around, you may know I'm doing a music swap hack of ACNL... Do any of you know where I might find the music that plays when you catch a bug/fish/seafood or dig up a fossil? I've looked everywhere within the stream folder.

Have you tried unpacking gardensound.bscar in the previous folder? It looks to me like that might be an archive of all "sound effects", which to me would include what you're looking for.

D

Deleted User

Is there any way someone could do it for me and I could download it? I have no idea how to do it lol
Oh, it's fairly easy. Just generate a silent audio track in Audacity, save it as WAV, convert it to BRSTM with this, and then replace all the music files with the file you converted.

mental_lentil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've been doing some tinkering and I managed to get the textures for the Happy Home Designer characters I wanted to import into New Leaf. As a trial, I imported Filly's texture over Peaches the horse and changed her name with HxD as per the instructions I found in this video.

However when I try to run the RomFS Builder I keep getting an error message telling me that RomFS Builder has stopped working. This happens when it gets to the "Computing IVFC Header Data" step. Any ideas about what might have gone wrong?

bokkobo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, ive been trying to load my edited romf with HANS and it wont start the game, the screen just glitches and stays there. i cant figure out whats wrong?

D

Deleted User

i just edited a texture for a deer villager. i followed that same video but it just seems hans wont load.
Did your RomFS pack correctly, and are they in a folder named 'hans' on the root of your SD card?

bokkobo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i repacked everything and got HANS to load, (still havent seen my texture as the villager was asleep) but would anyone like for me to upload the original bin files for new leaf and hhd?

bokkobo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if anyone knows a better model viewer than OhanaRebirth? (I'd use blender but its really hard for me to navigate, too much going on) It tears even the nice New Leaf textures. And preferably one that you can toggle between textures too

I plan on recreating some older villagers that arent in New Leaf or HHD (speaking of which does anyone know where i can get the gamecube villager textures?) and then making my own. I'd like to see a thread for custom villagers like back in city folk days.
here's Isako,

tumblr_o05zfgGsu81u71bato1_400.png

Last edited by bokkobo,
Reactions: foreveryang

mental_lentil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the RomFS Builder to work on a different computer, but now I'm also having a problem with Hans. Every time I try to load it, the screen goes black and the bottom screen says "An error has occurred. Hold down the power button to turn of the power, then turn it on and try again." I tried rebuilding the romfs again, but still no dice. Anyone know of any possible solutions?

bokkobo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the RomFS Builder to work on a different computer, but now I'm also having a problem with Hans. Every time I try to load it, the screen goes black and the bottom screen says "An error has occurred. Hold down the power button to turn of the power, then turn it on and try again." I tried rebuilding the romfs again, but still no dice. Anyone know of any possible solutions?

maybe try reinstalling Hans? when I didn't rebuild my romf right the top screen just glitched, I didn't get any error message

Reactions: mental_lentil

mental_lentil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe try reinstalling Hans? when I didn't rebuild my romf right the top screen just glitched, I didn't get any error message

I reinstalled Hans and didn't get the error message this time, but now it looks like I'm getting stuck on a similar glitch screen that you were getting. Guess that I'll try rebuilding the romfs once more and hope for the best :unsure:

Edit: Arrgg, still no good. Just can't get the sucker to launch.

Last edited by mental_lentil,

mental_lentil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I never got Hans to load up my romfs file and it's been nagging at me all day. Does anyone have any ideas as to where I might have gone wrong/what I can do to get it working? All I did was import a texture over another villager of the same species. I didn't touch the Script in HxD in case I should make a mistake. I rebuilt the romfs with Romf Builder and named it 00086300.romfs and put it in a folder labeled hans at the root of my SD card. I started up Hans and ticked yes on the Romfs -> SD option and every time the screen glitches and freezes up. Any help would be appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto