ROM Hack Discussion Animal Crossing: New Horizons -- Reverse Engineering, Glitches, Bugs, etc. thread!

Akumara

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Reactions: theiconrichie

JMSMORIARTY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I still dot get the moving cheat on NHSE, I mark one as moving out, he tell me thanks for "letting me move out" thing, but he never box, i changed the date, and the next day he is just walking around as nothing happened, what im doing wrong ?

If I edit the flag, the house just disapear, I want to reclute him on my legit switch.

Thanks !

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 9.2 will be required to update for it to play online. But for local play I do not believe it will need to update. The best way is to see for yourself honestly, since I don't recall anyone else asking about this.
Nintendo can actually choose minimum firmware to accept for online connection attempts. I've been hanging back on 9.2.0 because of people talking about issues on 10.0.0 + CFW, and I've been playing my (legit) AC on Stock SysNAND online with friends (who are variably on 9.2.0 or 10.0.0) just fine.

johnma2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo can actually choose minimum firmware to accept for online connection attempts. I've been hanging back on 9.2.0 because of people talking about issues on 10.0.0 + CFW, and I've been playing my (legit) AC on Stock SysNAND online with friends (who are variably on 9.2.0 or 10.0.0) just fine.

Right, but you do have to deal with the pop-up for updating though which is basically why I said it's required. Also, I noticed that there are some missing variants of furniture in the item ID list, such as the other variants of the elaborate kimono stand.

EDIT: I brute-forced the alternate versions of the elaborate kimono stand to get the other variants. In the OP's post, there's an example of how to customize an item. I used this template:

[Crane Elaborate Kimono Stand Slot 1]
04100000 AC3B90C0 00001EB9
04100000 AC3B90C4 0000000x

The x has to be numbers 0 - 4.

Last edited by johnma2,

Rollonout

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Question, I went to a friends island where he plays on a very modded switch. He gave me a bunch of DIY recipes for some cool sakura stuff but he also gave me a recipe for the Campsite. I've already made the campsite and now i have a recipe listing in my book to make it again. Is this going to screw up my game or should i be fine because my switch is unmodded?

strawpedro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still dot get the moving cheat on NHSE, I mark one as moving out, he tell me thanks for "letting me move out" thing, but he never box, i changed the date, and the next day he is just walking around as nothing happened, what im doing wrong ?

If I edit the flag, the house just disapear, I want to reclute him on my legit switch.

Thanks !

You need to edit flag 024 to 1, use the latest NHSE

Weebalicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I currently got this problem where nook refuses to talk to me about bridgesandinclines and I think its caused by forcing bridge and inclines onto the world by spawning in kits.

I cannot do anything thanks to that, though I can somewhat surive. Granted If anyone knows the potential flag I might have tripped please let me know. I wish there was a way to search this 1000+ flag list by a keyword or something.

Edit: I seem to have forced a flag that said I have built something, where I then talked to nook and cancled that build, next day I am able to talk to him about bridges and inclines again. No idea what I did I am more thankful I solved this problem.

Last edited by Weebalicious,

Doogie Boogie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, sorry for this dumb post. I'm trying to make basically a sandbox out of my town with NHSE for terraforming and messing around in. Unsurprisingly this edit is causing a crash but I'd like help on trying to narrow down where the crash is coming from or to know if what I'm trying to do is just pointless.
Besides what you see in the image here, I also set my villagers to empty.nhv and removed all items, plants, rocks, etc. The dock is still in it's original position. Also it is a "finished" save with 10 villagers.

Attachments

• map edit.png
    map edit.png
    39.8 KB · Views: 264

DestinyFeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, sorry for this dumb post. I'm trying to make basically a sandbox out of my town with NHSE for terraforming and messing around in. Unsurprisingly this edit is causing a crash but I'd like help on trying to narrow down where the crash is coming from or to know if what I'm trying to do is just pointless.
Besides what you see in the image here, I also set my villagers to empty.nhv and removed all items, plants, rocks, etc. The dock is still in it's original position. Also it is a "finished" save with 10 villagers.
Maybe one of the houses is off the screen or something.

Alessandro98

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Has anyone managed to transfer an edited save file to sysNAND and play online with it, without getting banned? If yes, what did you edit?

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, but you do have to deal with the pop-up for updating though which is basically why I said it's required.
Ah, yes, required = mildly inconvenient. I don't like those popups, but they're not equivalent to being required. Disable automatic updates in your Switch settings, don't agree to update when you launch a title.

Also, I noticed that there are some missing variants of furniture in the item ID list, such as the other variants of the elaborate kimono stand.
They aren't missing, they just don't have their own IDs -- just variants across values.

EDIT: I brute-forced the alternate versions of the elaborate kimono stand to get the other variants. In the OP's post, there's an example of how to customize an item. I used this template:

[Crane Elaborate Kimono Stand Slot 1]
04100000 AC3B90C0 00001EB9
04100000 AC3B90C4 0000000x

The x has to be numbers 0 - 4.
Yes, I wrote that, and edited it into the OP. You can find the original post here.

fally07scape

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Is anyone here willing to upload their save and send it to me? I need a save with the nooks cranny upgrade so I can diff between my save and yours to find which flags are activated

LaurelAshley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dumb question but with the save editor....how can I get a specific color/flower seed bag? i see seed bag available but not sure how to change the flower type/color

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Not sure how to override a villager when he or she is coming to the island. I used the blank villager file, went to mystery island, talked to a visitor to come to my island and edited save with the villager I want. But the furniture is still wrong. Any advice?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...