ROM Hack Discussion Animal Crossing: New Horizons -- Reverse Engineering, Glitches, Bugs, etc. thread!

IZUNYA

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not sure how to override a villager when he or she is coming to the island. I used the blank villager file, went to mystery island, talked to a visitor to come to my island and edited save with the villager I want. But the furniture is still wrong. Any advice?

You should use the blank willager, then proceed to go on an island, then use the code for villager swap in this thread : https://gbatemp.net/threads/acnh-code-generator.561856/

I did that, and all went well ;)

Reactions: pLaYeR^^

Akumara

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Did you try this yourself? I know how to do that, an even safer method would be to use Hacdiskmount, I just want to know if someone tried with success.
I use hacdisckmount and replace the raw save file, but you gotta learn which one is which if you have multiple games. This is safer than actually booting cfw on sysnand in general...Havn't been banned yet.

Reactions: Alessandro98

IZUNYA

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I use hacdisckmount and replace the raw save file, but you gotta learn which one is which if you have multiple games. This is safer than actually booting cfw on sysnand in general...Havn't been banned yet.

Safer, but it takes ages just to inject a save.

As long as you don't go online with cfw sys, you are safe ;)

I've been doing this for month now, and didn't got ban :D

I even use edizon overlay in some games with cfw sys :D

Reactions: veenx0704

Doogie Boogie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe one of the houses is off the screen or something.

Well I've been trying to adjust the buildings and even putting them directly on the map is still causing a crash. Do you think it's the buildings that's the problem or something else? Removing buildings all together causes problems too I guess?

Edit: Problem has nothing to do with buildings. It was setting all of my villager plots to empty.nhv. I guess I will still have to work around my villagers in my sandbox town. Annoying but, as long as they stay the game loads no matter what edits I do.

Last edited by Doogie Boogie,

supermariorick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So here's a tip for people that get that random villager in the campsite that you want but when your have the maximum residents and the villager in the campsite keeps choosing the villager you don't want to move out.
Backup your save with JKSV and be sure to have a separate backup save in case things go wrong (they shouldn't)
Open your save with the latest version of NHSE. Check your villager list and make note of the number next to the villager that you want to move out. Then go to Map -> Edit flags. go to flag 289 and change the number of the villager the campsite visitor "randomly" decides to choose as the one they want to move out to the number of the villager you want to move out. This will bypass the RNG bullshit this game has so you can replace the villager you actually dont want in your island with the random campsite villager that turned out to be the one you do want. You still have to do the stupid card game as I don't how to turn the campsite visitor into being registered as an amiibo spawned campsite visitor with all the quests completed in the flags.

YamiYumi

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everybody !
I trying to make a tool who get all items with resources, it's work but i don't have any information on easter event item between v1.0.0, v1.1.1, v1.1.2,3,4 ) BCSV are always similar. ( ItemParam.bcsv )
Update NSP only get exefs, if I understood correctly, there are only diff and not "files" in an update.

Anyone already have this problem?

DestinyFeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I've been trying to adjust the buildings and even putting them directly on the map is still causing a crash. Do you think it's the buildings that's the problem or something else? Removing buildings all together causes problems too I guess?

Edit: Problem has nothing to do with buildings. It was setting all of my villager plots to empty.nhv. I guess I will still have to work around my villagers in my sandbox town. Annoying but, as long as they stay the game loads no matter what edits I do.
There was also a problem I ran into where field items would report out of bounds after terrain manipulation but I don't know if it's been fixed.

Doogie Boogie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was also a problem I ran into where field items would report out of bounds after terrain manipulation but I don't know if it's been fixed.

Thankfully I haven't had that problem yet, or even any invalid hash on my map edits. But since I've got you here, I was looking at your mini tutorial on adding a river mouth with the acre editor and I had the crazy idea of adding a south river mouth to either side of my airport, which would be F3 and F4 (my original south river mouth is on F5), but F3 and F4 both read "AirPortLeft" and "AirPortRight" respectfully and I assume if I replace those with south river mouths despite having a river to connect it, it will cause a crash. Unless the airport building being where it is will stand and work regardless of the river mouths being there. If you don't know what will happen, I could just try it, test if the hash is valid, and then inject it and see if the game crashes.

garzacorporations

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Anyone knows how to give all building floors to a villager? My gf bought them on mile shop but now I can't buy them even being main player. I tried editing flags give license but still not on inventory or mile exchange.

vgplayer54

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Perhaps it's too early to ask this, but does anyone know which firmware will be required for the Earth Day/May Day events when they start tomorrow? I'm a bit worried that they'll require Firmware 10.0.0 but I'm sitting at 9.2.0 due to SXOS not working with the former yet. I've never used Atmosphere before and not sure if it can coexist with SXOS..

Shekan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Perhaps it's too early to ask this, but does anyone know which firmware will be required for the Earth Day/May Day events when they start tomorrow? I'm a bit worried that they'll require Firmware 10.0.0 but I'm sitting at 9.2.0 due to SXOS not working with the former yet. I've never used Atmosphere before and not sure if it can coexist with SXOS..
I can almost guarantee that, as with almost every other game update N releases, it's going to require you to update to the latest available firmware

goodtimeshaxor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What firmware is required for online play at the moment? I tried linking a Nin online account but it prompted me to update my 9.2.0 firmware. I'm on SX OS so I don't think I can safely update yet.

EDIT: Just had to disable Stealth mode lol

Last edited by goodtimeshaxor,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: istg if lose another game of minesweeper