ROM Hack Discussion Animal Crossing: New Horizons -- Reverse Engineering, Glitches, Bugs, etc. thread!

dezzachu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes i do, Ive been using edizon for a while with animal crossing but after this update they stopped working.
Do you have the actual Edison overlay file on your switch?

I know there's both the Tesla overlay and the Edison overlay the Tesla one will show up your cheats in the menu but without the Edison overlay it won't actually write the cheats to memory.

D

Deleted User

is there a guide to enabling unreleased events like wedding day? ive seen people enable them already with bcat but not sure how

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also is there a way to get different colored monster statues using this program?
put count as 0, 1, 2, or 3 for different colors
not sure which is which

D

Deleted User

Star level is determined by your island's layout and is most likely determined on load and not something that can be set with a flag.

Terraforming is something you can set with a flag, though. I will give you some suggestions on what to change, but make a backup before changing anything because if I'm not 100% correct and missing specific things to make the game "legit" and undoing the flags won't fix it, you're out of luck.

Code:
083 - TotakekeTalkBeforeFlag = 1
632 - TkkFirstLiveJoined = 1
813 - StandByRcoVisitMyHomeAfterTkkFirstLive = 1

This skips the entire process of seeing the KK show in general and acts like its immediately after you see the concert with Tom Nook giving you the terraforming app. You can then buy all the permits from the Nook Stop as normal.
do you happen to know the flag for having 40 inv slots?

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you happen to know the flag for having 40 inv slots?
It's been mentioned in this thread before, search before giving someone a notification. This thread is about reverse engineering, not a help babby's first cheat thread.

Additionally, it requires so little actual gameplay to unlock 40 slots, are you even trying to have fun? Giving yourself everything defeats the purpose of the game entirely. And if you're using it because you want to sell stuff, I have even less sympathy.

D

Deleted User

It's been mentioned in this thread before, search before giving someone a notification. This thread is about reverse engineering, not a help babby's first cheat thread.

Additionally, it requires so little actual gameplay to unlock 40 slots, are you even trying to have fun? Giving yourself everything defeats the purpose of the game entirely. And if you're using it because you want to sell stuff, I have even less sympathy.
amazing, everything you just said was wrong

not using it to sell things, to do giveaways for my friends
i have had fun, because i played since day 1 on my main switch and i dont feel like basically starting over again on my 2nd one
not my first cheat thread, ive made codes before lol, atleast for other systems

no clue why ur being rude to me and noone else. its literally just a notification bro, and im just asking a question

also, i dont know how to search specifically in a thread
^
nvm found it

Last edited by ,

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
amazing, everything you just said was wrong

not using it to sell things, to do giveaways for my friends
i have had fun, because i played since day 1 on my main switch and i dont feel like basically starting over again on my 2nd one
not my first cheat thread, ive made codes before lol, atleast for other systems

no clue why ur being rude to me and noone else. its literally just a notification bro, and im just asking a question
Let's check:

- It has been mentioned before in this thread.
- This thread is for reverse-engineering, not a help thread.
- Little gameplay is actually required to unlock inventory slots.

Wow, amazing, it looks like you're the one who is wrong, and is using a shitty defense mechanism instead of accepting accountability. And the last thing was a conditional: if you're using it to sell things, I would have had even less sympathy for you than for someone who posts asking others to help him without putting in effort. And look at that! You tried to find the thread-search tool and found it! You should absolutely do that instead of defaulting to asking other people to do work for you. You're not even asking in the right damned thread. Fun fact: I wrote up a post in here like 100 pages ago on how to search the thread. The irony now being that you'd need to be able to search at all to find it.

Also, I'm rude to basically everyone who doesn't put in effort. There's no requirement for me to be "nice". Fail to try, and I might just be rude to you.

D

Deleted User

Let's check:

- It has been mentioned before in this thread.
- This thread is for reverse-engineering, not a help thread.
- Little gameplay is actually required to unlock inventory slots.

Wow, amazing, it looks like you're the one who is wrong, and is using a shitty defense mechanism instead of accepting accountability. And the last thing was a conditional: if you're using it to sell things, I would have had even less sympathy for you than for someone who posts asking others to help him without putting in effort. And look at that! You tried to find the thread-search tool and found it! You should absolutely do that instead of defaulting to asking other people to do work for you. You're not even asking in the right damned thread. Fun fact: I wrote up a post in here like 100 pages ago on how to search the thread. The irony now being that you'd need to be able to search at all to find it.

Also, I'm rude to basically everyone who doesn't put in effort. There's no requirement for me to be "nice". Fail to try, and I might just be rude to you.
Ok

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated the OP with links to common topics/questions/tutorials for directing users to. If a user asks a question, feel free to direct them to the OP. If anyone has any suggestions of things I should add to the OP, tag or DM me.

Reactions: h448 and Exegency

Forthrich

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've added DIY pack to my inventory and then I couldn't use it so I dropped it. I'ts now "anchored to the ground as an unmovable, unpickupable object. Any idea how to remove it?

Also does adding turnips with the editor just make an item that does nothing?

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've added DIY pack to my inventory and then I couldn't use it so I dropped it. I'ts now "anchored to the ground as an unmovable, unpickupable object. Any idea how to remove it?

Did you add the DIY pack to your inventory with NHSE? You might be able to remove it with it. If not, revert to your pre-editing backup and try again. For items, it might be best to just stick to RyDog's code. :)

I don't know the answer to your second question, but again, RyDog's item code might be of more immediate use here.

Forthrich

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you add the DIY pack to your inventory with NHSE? You might be able to remove it with it. If not, revert to your pre-editing backup and try again. For items, it might be best to just stick to RyDog's code. :)

I don't know the answer to your second question, but again, RyDog's item code might be of more immediate use here.

I did add it with NHSE and then I placed it on the ground, many saves ago, thinking I'll just pick it up whenever. But then it was completely untouchable. I am playing on Ryujinx emulator, so not sure how to inject codes. But, I just had an idea, when if I go to the map/terrain editor in NHSE and find it then just set the terrain to "none" for that small patch? Tried it, and it worked! I noticed the turnips I add are the same way, they are not useable. Everything else is working great!

Last edited by Forthrich,
Reactions: Mopquill

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did add it with NHSE and then I placed it on the ground, many saves ago, thinking I'll just pick it up whenever. But then it was completely untouchable. I am playing on Ryujinx emulator, so not sure how to inject codes. But, I just had an idea, when if I go to the map/terrain editor in NHSE and find it then just set the terrain to "none" for that small patch? Tried it, and it worked! I noticed the turnips I add are the same way, they are not useable. Everything else is working great!
Glad to hear!

Blackbird13055

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hy everybody is there anywhere to read up on pointer searches?

What are good Offset, Offset Number and Depth values to use? Does that change for every value I am looking for (Bells, Miles)? Are most values encrypted? I read that Bells are? Or am I not finding the right memory locations?

Thanks for the help!

PS: I am using NOEX and pointer search. Is that the way to go?

PPS: I have already found the bells and vendor prices in HEAP but can't get any further

Last edited by Blackbird13055,
D

Deleted User

if you have the editor just set a 7ffe on that slot in the map

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1E8xroD5pE +1