OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Animal Crossing: New Horizons is almost here! For those that already have their hands on the game, or will be playing on launch, what do you think of the game so far? Use this thread to discuss your thoughts, talk to others about your villagers, share your favorite screenshots, or anything ACNH related!

Reactions: Mama Looigi

bbcali89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the game is fun. I don't like how restricted I feel in the beginning. Also crafting gets annoying with so little inventory space.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I’m very mixed on the crafting. It feels limiting at the start, but it also gives you some tasks to do, which can be rewarding to complete.

I am so digging being able to make so many different types of clothing, especially brimmed hats.

EB5FCFE2-B0A7-46B3-B16D-17549FBFABEA.jpeg

Will probably do nothing but create various outfits for hours now lol.

Reactions: CrazyRach82

bbcali89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m very mixed on the crafting. It feels limiting at the start, but it also gives you some tasks to do, which can be rewarding to complete.

I am so digging being able to make so many different types of clothing, especially brimmed hats.

View attachment 200008

Will probably do nothing but create various outfits for hours now lol.
ALSO HOW DO I MAKE A SHOVEL...annoying i have all the other tools but no shovel.

bomigoton

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In one of the trailers we saw the character jump over the water by using a long stick. This way reaching the other parts of the island. how do you get this long stick? Did somebody get it already? Or do you need to build a bridge first.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
In one of the trailers we saw the character jump over the water by using a long stick. This way reaching the other parts of the island. how do you get this long stick? Did somebody get it already? Or do you need to build a bridge first.
You need to set up a new tent that Nook gives you after completing some tasks

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Still can't figure out what I wanted to name my island...
I wanted to name it something as a tribute to Etika, since he was looking forward to this game so much, but I can't think of anything that is family-friendly or doesn't sound weird in context...
If I can't figure it out, I'll probably settle for something generic like "Outset Island" or something...

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Still can't figure out what I wanted to name my island...
I wanted to name it something as a tribute to Etika, since he was looking forward to this game so much, but I can't think of anything that is family-friendly or doesn't sound weird in context...
If I can't figure it out, I'll probably settle for something generic like "Outset Island" or something...
I was boring... so I named it Big Koon.

Reactions: andyhappypants

Funkentanz

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I noticed, that after I restarted the game, after played some other game, the talking sound of all animals are gone, including Nook.
Kinda odd bug... Do you have the same bug?
Console and game is german.

Breembin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have S/N of the ACNH Joy-Con? Apparently that's what the game uses to give you the special edition Switch furnishing and I'd like to spoof my Joy-Con to test it.

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

snarkygoblin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have S/N of the ACNH Joy-Con? Apparently that's what the game uses to give you the special edition Switch furnishing and I'd like to spoof my Joy-Con to test it.

it's just the joy-con colors. there's a link in the tutorial section for how to do it (since i'm new, i don't think i can link it myself)

Evolution

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
huhu, i hope this is the right thread.
I have a banned console, can I play with my girlfriend, that have a non-banend console. Over Lan? Does anyone happen to know

Funkentanz

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I noticed, that after I restarted the game, after played some other game, the talking sound of all animals are gone, including Nook.
Kinda odd bug... Do you have the same bug?
Console and game is german.

With the update and Version 1.1.0 the bug is gone and animals are talking again.

bomigoton

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does the 1.1 update need 9.2 firmware? It seems yes, but will it work on 9.0? I am currently on 9.0 and dont want to officially update.

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Since it is linked to Real time, you really have to wait 2 days? Or a day? Or can you "forward" it? Because I actually want play and not "wait" for the next day.

Other then that, game is super fun, I gonna buy it today. Just curious, if there is a cheaper way then 40 bucks.

Do we have a List of Amiibos yet, that are used for the Game? So I can write some? Since I use a Legit Switch to play Online.

Last edited by ehnoah,

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You can't plant flowers anymore? Only using seeds? I'm honestly trying to put down some red and yellow lillies i got from other island but it won't plant. Either it gets dropped, buried or when i place it down it stays in a flower pot thing. Is it not the same as ACNL?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-