Animal Crossing: CF Wifi problem...

Discussion in 'Wii - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by jocelyn77, Nov 17, 2008.

Nov 17, 2008
  1. jocelyn77
    OP

Newcomer jocelyn77 Advanced Member

United States
    I just got ACCF yesterday, and i LOVE it. i was able to get my friend code, and my friend's town showed up on the screen. It seemed to connect, but then nothing would happen at the "sending friend inquiry, please wait" screen. The wii is connecting to the wifi server, but for some reason, the "friend inquiry" thing won't come up for my friend. We were on the phone, and he said he didn't get anything. He said he was able to go to other towns before, so i think it's my connection that's the problem. Also, i was able to open my gates to let my friend in, but he said that it took forever on the "sending inquiry" screen, then said it couldn't connect to my town. I never recieved any inquiry or whatever. Please help! I DONT KNOW WHATS WRONG!

BTW, i was able to play on wifi and everything on mario kart, and SSBB. It worked perfectly before; i don't know why this is any different!

2. GexX2

Member GexX2 Lurker

United States
    Sounds like a firewall on one of your sides. Check your routers/modems.

3. jocelyn77
    OP

United States
    erm, im not very computerically advanced, so i dont know how to check firewalls and what not. and i dont know which ones should be off and which ones should be on. it probably is a firewall, now that i think of it.

4. Reser

Member Reser GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    lots of people having this problem. However I have not had a problem oddly, the general thought is the wii servers are being hammerd, try at less busy time (like late night/early morning) see if it works then.

5. jocelyn77
    OP

United States
    ill try, but no one will have their gates open late at night or early in the morning! i might try right when i get home with my friend at like 3:30 in the afternoon on a weekday. i dont think it should be so busy, because if i remember correctly, in wild world, hardly anyone was online at that time!