Hacking Angry with excess files and folders.

Fesuasda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my acekard2i really organized into folders, but with more aps and home brew, there's more folders, and more unused necessary files that clutter up my space. I just want to be able to browse the files and folders I want to use without seeing the ones I don't. Maybe I can set up shortcuts or something? Is that possible?

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
You can manage your SD card better, or use one of following options:

From http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/AKAIO#Globalsettings.ini

hiddenFileNames = __aio,__ak2,__rpg,akmenu4.nds,moonshl2,adult_e-book.txt
Add files or folders to this list that you wish to have hidden from view. The list must be comma delimited with no spaces between entries. Additionally, make sure that all folder and file names are written in lower case letters, even if the actual folder or file name contains an upper case letter. File extenison listing is not supported, all files must be listed by their full name.

or

showHiddenFiles = 0
Allows AKAIO to display files which have their hidden attribute enabled. Folders and files listed in the hiddenFileNames option will never be displayed.

I would recommend you use the first option since the default option for XP Explorer is to not show hidden files/folders.

Fesuasda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Masked Ranger said:
You can manage your SD card better, or use one of following options:

From http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/AKAIO#Globalsettings.ini

hiddenFileNames = __aio,__ak2,__rpg,akmenu4.nds,moonshl2,adult_e-book.txt
Add files or folders to this list that you wish to have hidden from view. The list must be comma delimited with no spaces between entries. Additionally, make sure that all folder and file names are written in lower case letters, even if the actual folder or file name contains an upper case letter. File extenison listing is not supported, all files must be listed by their full name.

or

showHiddenFiles = 0
Allows AKAIO to display files which have their hidden attribute enabled. Folders and files listed in the hiddenFileNames option will never be displayed.

I would recommend you use the first option since the default option for XP Explorer is to not show hidden files/folders.
See the thing with that is for some homebrew, the .nds file needs to be in the folder it came in to work, and I can't open it then if I can't view the folder. Also other homebrew requires folders to be in the main root folder. That's why I think shortcuts would be great. Is that possible?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Use hidden folders...

What I have said:
\__AIO
\BEUP
\DATA
\DS Games
\DS Organize
\Homebrew
\eBooks
\Lameboy
\Moonshl2
\nesDS
\SNES
\SYSTEM

AKMENU4.NDS
autorun.inf
bunjalloo-08.nds
DSOrganize.nds
Moonshl2.nds
What I see\DS Games
\Homebrew
\eBooks
\Lameboy
\nesDS
\SNES

bunjalloo-08.nds
DSOrganize.nds
Moonshl2.nds

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Edit globalsettings.ini and add the folders/files you want hidden like the guy posted.
I like to do it to the file/folder itself.

Right Click -> Properties and tick Hidden
Or via the commandline: attrib +h

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
I think in XP that Explorer, by default, does not show hidden files/folders.

EDIT: Let me explain my comment with my opinion. If you do change the file/folder attribute to hidden, most people don't know to change Explorer to show hidden files and folders. Since they can't see the files, how can they be deleted? You would have to use the AceKard itself to delete files/folders if you have the setting enabled to see hidden files/folders. I do not know how well AKAIO handles deleting folders with contents. Too many extra steps in my opinion.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Masked Ranger said:
I think in XP that Explorer, by default, does not show hidden files/folders.

EDIT: Let me explain my comment with my opinion. If you do change the file/folder attribute to hidden, most people don't know to change Explorer to show hidden files and folders. Since they can't see the files, how can they be deleted? You would have to use the AceKard itself to delete files/folders if you have the setting enabled to see hidden files/folders. I do not know how well AKAIO handles deleting folders with contents. Too many extra steps in my opinion.
All versions of Windows don't show hidden files by default.
However, it's generally a good idea to have that setting changed to Show. This is INSANELY easy to find with a quick google search.
You won't clutter up your computer since most Hidden files that matter are also System files (attrib +h +s) and showing System Files is another option. So you can have Hidden files showing, but still not have all the clutter.

Hidden Files ONLY Shown: http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv262/t...hots/hidden.png
-- Shows: Program Files, ProgramData, Users, Windows

Hidden + System Files Shown: http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv262/t...hots/system.png
-- Shows: $Recycle.Bin, Documents and Settings, Program Files, ProgramData, Recovery, System Volume Information, Users, Windows, Autoexec.bat, config.sys, hiberfil.sys, pagefile.sys

Python27, Sandbox, SMBX = files you most likely will not have.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.