Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
240px-Angel_Beats!_promo.jpg

In a world after death, angels fight for their fate and their future. Yuri, the leader of the Shinda Sekai Sensen, rebels against the god who destined her to have an unreasonable life. On the otherhand, Tenshi, the chairperson of the student council for the world after death, battles against the SSS members. SSS members utilize armed weaponry to battle it out against the angels harnessing supernatural powers.

Definitely the best Anime currently airing and the best this season will get, apparently they put everything into episode 1 and it really does show, hope it continues like this for the whole show, it's basically just Haruhi with guns and lots of blood.

What did everyone else think of the first episode?

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First ep had some incredible 'how the hell did they miss it' glaring art work errors in the first half.

Plot is ok, art work on this is also drawing a lot of flak for looking like a Haruhi rip off.

Best show airing? no I wouldn't go that far. You might not like moe blob anime, but at least K-On!! (season two if you didn't catch the second !) doesn't possess glaringly inadequate art quality (although some whine that it doesn't possess complex plot lines).

If ep 01 was indeed their best, their best isn't good enough.

luke_c

Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Panzer Tacticer said:
First ep had some incredible 'how the hell did they miss it' glaring art work errors in the first half.

Plot is ok, art work on this is also drawing a lot of flak for looking like a Haruhi rip off.

Best show airing? no I wouldn't go that far. You might not like moe blob anime, but at least K-On!! (season two if you didn't catch the second !) doesn't possess glaringly inadequate art quality (although some whine that it doesn't possess complex plot lines).

Art work errors? Care to elaborate?
And again, at least it HAS plot
I thought every aspect of it was amazing, character development is already showing within the first episode

mcp2

Trophies
XP
Country
I dunno man, I've just come from watching Kimi ni Todoke and I'm after something similar so Kaichou was there to fill the void. There's also a football anime, forgot the name but apparently it's sick.

luke_c

Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
mcp2 said:
I dunno man, I've just come from watching Kimi ni Todoke and I'm after something similar so Kaichou was there to fill the void. There's also a football anime, forgot the name but apparently it's sick.
Giant Killing, it's utter crap, and this is coming from a footy maniac, the voice acting is absolutely TERRIBLE, after the first episode it was a insta drop

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
luke_c said:
mcp2 said:
Giant Killing, it's utter crap, and this is coming from a footy maniac, the voice acting is absolutely TERRIBLE, after the first episode it was a insta drop
Yeah, the first episode was really average. It had a "One Outs" feel to it so i'm going to keep watching it though.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
luke_c said:
Panzer Tacticer said:

Art work errors? Care to elaborate?
I'd link you to an article but there's NSFW content there so I wouldn't be able to anyways. It's from "one of the worst places on the internet besides 4chan" if that helps you.

65970__468x_angel-beats-quality-002.jpg

That being the worst of them. Try putting your hands on your hips like Yuri and notice where the thumbs should be. Well, other problems were how Yuri was holding the sniper rifle, and "inconsistencies" in character designs in the animation. If you pay attention, you'll notice that they kinda seem to look different every time the scene changed. The thing about this is that it's totally fixable in the DVD/BD version, so come on now.

I'd have to say, at least they didn't try to go to KyoAni this time with a Jun Maeda/Key work. Nice to see they tried PA Works this time, but it definitely needs work. I liked the episode though, so I'll still be watching it... Well I pretty much don't drop anything and will watch anything.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yep Sankaku, for all your unvarnished opinions of anything Japan
smile.gif

But don't forget to clean your history and watch who is looking when you open the sight.

You guys ain't old enough for NSFW, in your case it's NSFM (not safe for mom).

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The OP on episode 2... Was amazing.

I don't really know what else to say.

EDIT: Two sub groups (Mazui and UTW) have it out now... Though I probably don't need to say that since I'm sure most of you could find it on some torrent tracker anyways.

bnwchbammer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I watched the first two episodes, and I've gotta say I was impressed. I like the art... yet I kinda don't. I feel it has some sort of a shoujo feel to it... Maybe it's just me, Iunno. But I'll keep watching, seems quite promising.
Though I'm still kinda confused on the fact that you get "erased" by Angel if the main dude didn't when he approached her...
Though I'm sure they will elaborate more on it later.

luke_c

Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
bnwchbammer said:
Well I watched the first two episodes, and I've gotta say I was impressed. I like the art... yet I kinda don't. I feel it has some sort of a shoujo feel to it... Maybe it's just me, Iunno. But I'll keep watching, seems quite promising.
Though I'm still kinda confused on the fact that you get "erased" by Angel if the main dude didn't when he approached her...
Though I'm sure they will elaborate more on it later.
If you act like they tell you to you will get erased (see all the people at school), it's kind of confusing to explain but it said it all in the first episode, just gonna watch the second now
EDIT: That OP really is awesome, finally found a rip, a TV rip bear in mind as the CD hasn't been released yet, here's a hint: [SkellURip] My Soul, Your Beats!!.mp3

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
bnwchbammer said:
At that point in time, he was still not rebelling with the SSS so she doesn't really have any reason to erase him. He just wanted proof that he couldn't die is what I'm guessing, OR the translation could have been bad.

G

GentleFist

well i watched it and just noticed theres a thread, i liked it and i will watch it
but seriously... best show currently airing ? what do u mean by currently airing ? on going or new ?

there are a lot of new animes that are better...

k-on, seikon no qwaser, ikki tousen s4

as for on-going i don't think i have to mention... (fma???)

just the fact that its a haruhi rip off makes it automatically disqualified as the best show...

and especially since theres a new haruhi movie that totally kicked ass and was the best thing this year
noone can compare to haruhi theres only one haruhi and noone should even dare to think about copying haruhi thats a unforgiveable sin

that being said... im still watching it^^

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
GentleFist said:
k-on, seikon no qwaser, ikki tousen s4

as for on-going i don't think i have to mention... (fma???)

just the fact that its a haruhi rip off makes it automatically disqualified as the best show...
I can't quite agree that K-ON!! is better than Angel Beats!, but I still like it at the very least. There are many aspects in AB! that I already like better than K-ON!!. And for the other two, I have not watched, but aren't they just ecchi/extreme service anime? I find it very hard to believe those are better, but I'd have to watch them both to make a fair comparison. I'm not a huge fan of that genre really, so it's a matter of taste really.

Now FMA is pretty good, but I'd have to see both all the way through first. They should both finish around the same time.

Haruhi ripoff? Well, the only thing I have to say to that is if you haven't been paying attention, Yuri is not a brat, nor does she get everything her way(just think about the reason she's fighting against god), she even cares quite a bit more about what her crew and what they have to say, and she isn't as random or irrational as Haruhi. There's an ACTUAL reason why everyone follows her and they weren't abducted either. How can you possibly say that Yuri is Haruhi(aside from looks and SSS).

G

GentleFist

yes they are extreme service anime xD i wanted to compare to new series and well its just coincidence i really watch all kinds of animes,

and yuri is like haruhi looks + personality and hell she even talks like her a bit
its obvious they wanted to make her like haruhi

and just watch the new haruhi movie and u will understand that haruhi cares for her friends A LOT and u will also understand that certain people arent there just because they were ABDUCTED
i cant say anything since i dont wanna spoil anyone^^ the movie is just too good
it was good enough to make up for the shitty camrip

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @The Real Jdbye, I thought about that and I have blank DVD's and Blurays but honestly after like 90 songs I just listen to it a couple of hundred times toss it out and burn something else or have like 2-3 CD's. Florida here the heat in the car tends to ruin the CD's after like a few months even commercial pressed ones don't last too long.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    my music collection is just too big, i require variety
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wanted to download the Sonic manía plus android versión cuz i have Netflix but my phone isnt compatible
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    @The Real Jdbye you seem confused, nes remix 2 had nes open
  • Dumpflam @ Dumpflam:
    guys does anyone know anything about usbloadergx? i have a question. (https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-sd-and-thumb-drive-at-the-same-time-usbloadergx.655497/)
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    oh right forgot about that
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    you can use both at the same time if the sd is dedicated for gamecube games
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    you can't do that the other way around
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nowdays, my Samsung phone holds most my music on a 512gb micro sd. I Bluetooth to my earbuds, BT speaker, or to my car stereo from my phone. I still have a iPod Nano, but have not used in years.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only play music on yt
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I download very few songs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It takes me 3 hours every week to cut my grass, and I have to have music playing, not to mention the noise canceling earbuds, so I don't have to hear that lawnmower noise. I do play iHeart radio often also when get board of my music.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I weird for only listening to game music?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh its whatever you like to hear. Is it weird, I'm a 50 year old that mostly listens to old school hip hop?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should be walking but legs are still sore
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I think that listening to the same 15 songs on the music player in my dad's car all the time made me kind of hate "normal" music.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, them use your hands
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Those are tired from last night
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop touching yourself
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wasn't
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then stop doing whatever you were doing last night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: