Android Vendor Device .ki Files

Discussion in 'Android' started by LightyKD, Nov 12, 2015.

1. LightyKD
    OP

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    Is there anyone here with experience with .ki files for Android devices? The thing I'm trying to find out is whether editing one will change the actions of buttons for a connected game controller. For example, here is the .ki file for Android devices using the Wii Classic Controller.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/k...ary/usr/keylayout/Vendor_057e_Product_0306.kl

This file states that ABXY are mapped in the vein of XBox 360 for position parity. I can understand that but I want to use a PDP or Hori GameCube styled fight pad. I need ABXY to be ABXY and not

A=B
    B=A
    X=Y
    Y=X

I hope someone here has a thought or two. I tried over at XDA but it feels as if nobody wants to talk about a damn thing :( BTW I'm trying to have this setup for a Amazon Fire TV (2015 model)

2. N3XU5

N3XU5 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2013
    Netherlands
    Check in
    system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl has the ones like changing the camera buttons, changing this that etc.

adb remount
    adb pull system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl Generic.kl

when done:
    adb remount
    adb push Generic.kl /system/usr/keylayout

If not that file check the whole folder cause it contain the files that the device use to operate.

3. LightyKD
    OP

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    Thanks for your input. I wont really be able to do anything until the holidays. My Fire TV will be a present to myself but I don't want to invest in certain controllers if I cant get them to operate properly.

4. N3XU5

N3XU5 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2013
    Netherlands
    Fire TV? From amazon right?
    And can fully understand that, have a xbox one and tried using the controller for my phone with this app, brought a usb otg for it and in the end it didnt work at all :P

5. LightyKD
    OP

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    Yeah. Fire TV from Amazon. Apparently it's compatible with the following

- OUYA Controller
    - XBox 360 Controller
    - PS3 Controller
    - Wii Remotes and Wii Classic Controllers

6. N3XU5