Hardware Android Static FTP Address?

Solution
You can assign a static IP by long pressing the connection in the wifi settings and edit the connection and there should be a button or a checkbox to show advanced settings.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last 5 digits? Do you mean the port number or are you somehow using IPv6? Because changing the last 5 digits of a standard ipv4 IP address is possible I guess but really strange (not to mention I would hope the DHCP cooldown is long enough).

Anyway sounds like you need a different FTP server or to config it to not use new ports or whatever each time. The address itself should just be your IP address of the device in question, though I guess you could do some kind of internal domain (tricky with home network gear, though far from impossible)

Jiehfeng

The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
The port number, yes. For example: ftp://192.168.0.105:15144/
The digits after the colon without fail changes every time I stop/start the server, and the "105" sometimes changes to "103" or something like that after a long time.

I'm using a regular file explorer app that came with the phone's ROM, so it's a simple ftp feature built into it. How would I go about doing what you said?

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
For the port number (the numbers after the colon), either check the servers settings or change to a different app which allows for a static port.

For the IP address, you'll need to either give your phone a static IP address or change your routers settings to always assign the same IP address, making sure this is outside of the DHCP range (done in the routers settings). This will depend on your router's model/firmware.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not knowing what options said FTP server has I can't say there.

There are plenty of standalone FTP applications though and they do have static options. That would be the easiest way.

Jiehfeng

The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Thank you all, I actually saw a settings button next to the start button in the file manager, it had random port turned on. Then I followed @The Real Jdbye's advice and went to the WiFi settings and simply changed it from DHCP to Static and now it gives the same address every time. Thanks again! (All of you pretty much said similar things, I just chose Jdbye's answer for simplicity)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: test what?