Hacking Android OS on Switch Ultimate Discussion Thread

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, there is a Issue with the Joycons. After using the Joycons on the Android, when you go back to running the Switch, there will be Connectivity Issues that will come up. There is a possible solution until it is figured out: Purchase a 2nd Joycon Set (or another BT Controller type) for use specifically for the Android/Switch

Reactions: CrazyRach82

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm super skeptical of that. You do have to re-pair the joycons and controllers every time you move between Android and Horizon but that's all. If you want to buy extra sets for convenience of not constantly pairing be my guest but let's not conjure something spooky like "connectivity issues."

Reactions: tiliarou

switchnell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I hope so. 512gb is enough for Switch games + Androud in my opinion, and I don't want to have to swap microSD cards.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Actually you can but it will be limited to SX OS SD file based emummc. I was able to do it by following the XDA resizing partition guide.
If you want hidden partition then you can also achieve it via atmos emummc.
Note that you can only do it under FAT32. Exfat won't work at least when i tried it.

phillyrider807

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like Nvidia Games is down again. Even when using the older version. I keep getting error "80350016" when trying to launch anything. And it was working fine last night (Was playing saints row 4)

Anyone else experience this or is it working for anyone else?

DefineOutside

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get the switch to dock with Android on a third party charger with the first party dock. It works fine on Horizon.

edit: Could this possibly be something with negotiating power draw? I don't have a way to test.

Last edited by DefineOutside,

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I can't get the switch to dock with Android on a third party charger with the first party dock. It works fine on Horizon.

edit: Could this possibly be something with negotiating power draw? I don't have a way to test.

I have had some third party chargers that dont work for horizon even(hdmi out). When something is designed weather for homebrew or not, it is designed to be used with the official products primarily. Maybe your charger will work on a later update, but i wouldnt bank on it. Just use the official charger and save yourself a headache.

Last edited by Basketto,
D

Deleted User

I can't flash my microSD without some problem getting in the way. I keep getting "The volume does not contain a recognized file system." I've tried everything from formatting, recovering data, etc. I have the folders needed on my desktop, but I'm sure they wouldn't work without a flash. I could just put the mircoSD in my Switch and ignore the error, but I need the Gapps folder, and the joycon fix in the root, which I can't access.

Snomannen_kalle

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I can't flash my microSD without some problem getting in the way. I keep getting "The volume does not contain a recognized file system." I've tried everything from formatting, recovering data, etc. I have the folders needed on my desktop, but I'm sure they wouldn't work without a flash. I could just put the mircoSD in my Switch and ignore the error, but I need the Gapps folder, and the joycon fix in the root, which I can't access.
After you flash the image, you should end up with a FAT32 partition as the first partition on the SD card, as well as a large chunk of the SD card which is not in a recognized file system (at least not recognized by Windows). What program did you use to flash the image?

D

Deleted User

After you flash the image, you should end up with a FAT32 partition as the first partition on the SD card, as well as a large chunk of the SD card which is not in a recognized file system (at least not recognized by Windows). What program did you use to flash the image?
I used Etcher.

Reactions: CrazyRach82
D

Deleted User

So, any news on any updates? Would love to use a mic through the headphone port....

D

Deleted User

That sounds odd. Have you tried a different SD card or to flash a different image with another size?
No, I haven't tried flashing with a different microSD. I only have two, which is the one I'm trying to use to flash Android (Samsung Evo Plus 32gb Class U1) and a 128gb microSD (same brand, U3 class) for Atmosphere. I'll try to flash a 16gb image to the 32gb sd and see if that works..

Edit: Still doesn't work, except this time my PC doesn't even see the microSD. it completely disappears from my file explorer after its done flashing. I don't know id it's my microSD, my card reader, or the PC.

Last edited by ,

Snomannen_kalle

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
No, I haven't tried flashing with a different microSD. I only have two, which is the one I'm trying to use to flash Android (Samsung Evo Plus 32gb Class U1) and a 128gb microSD (same brand, U3 class) for Atmosphere. I'll try to flash a 16gb image to the 32gb sd and see if that works..

Edit: Still doesn't work, except this time my PC doesn't even see the microSD. it completely disappears from my file explorer after its done flashing. I don't know id it's my microSD, my card reader, or the PC.
Well, that sucks, I don't know what else to suggest. I'm sorry I couldn't help you; perhaps someone more knowledgeable than I might be able to

D

Deleted User

Well, that sucks, I don't know what else to suggest. I'm sorry I couldn't help you; perhaps someone more knowledgeable than I might be able to
It's fine, thanks anyways. I think I might try a new microSD that's not a Samsung brand soon. Or I'll try a new reader..

Edit: Okay, so I tried flashing again today and it's not a problem with the microSD but a problem with the USB drive/reader I put it in. I just slotted my card into my phone and all the flashed files are there. Really strange, but fixed.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Snomannen_kalle

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Has anyone found a PS1 emulator that works correctly with wireless bluetooth controllers(in this case the switch pro) Setting both epsxe and fpse to dual shock/anolog results in characters walking slowly with fully tilted left stick. Only digital works.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pro controller on switchroot don't register the full analog range right now. Unless you can change/configure the max range from default inside your emulator you won't be able to fix it. Pairing an X-input controller may work better.

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Pro controller on switchroot don't register the full analog range right now. Unless you can change/configure the max range from default inside your emulator you won't be able to fix it. Pairing an X-input controller may work better.

It has only presented a problem in PS1 emulation so far for me and only using “dualshock”. It emulates the DPad fine. In Mupen64plus you can fix the problem as their is a sensitivity option for the joysticks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...