Discussion Android or Windows 10 ARM on Switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by pcwizard7, May 28, 2019.

1. pcwizard7
    OP

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 2, 2013
    Australia
    i know there were in consept videos for both but do we know of any progess on these OSes.?

2. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Mad Dog of Rambling and Insanity

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    You can forget about anything on Windows 10 ARM as most gaming applications are made with x86-processors in mind. As for Android, I'd like to see more progress on that front, but we'll see...

3. Hamdan

Hamdan GBAtemp Regular

Dec 14, 2018
    Pakistan
    Actually android is being worked on right now, every hear of Bylaws??? As for windows, i dont think so.

Thomhack and ELY_M like this.
  4. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Mad Dog of Rambling and Insanity

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    Linux != Android.

5. Techjunky90

Techjunky90 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    Why create a useless thread when there's already threads on here about android?

6. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    United Kingdom
    What if I don't want to run games?

RednaxelaNnamtra likes this.
  7. pcwizard7
    OP

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 2, 2013
    Australia
    in terms of windows 10 ARM i wasn't interested in games just windows only apps such as steam client for homestream only or ps4 remote play

8. BlackTSQ

BlackTSQ Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2018
    Austria
    Well... that doesn't mean that Bylaws isn't working on Android. Afaik, L4T Ubuntu is partly a result of him working on Android but don't quote me on that ^^

coppertj and ELY_M like this.
  9. masagrator

masagrator File digger

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    He stopped working on Android until NVIDIA release stable Android Pie for X1.

essm1988, coppertj and BlackTSQ like this.
  10. Techjunky90

Techjunky90 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    Remote play isn't going to work. The only arm devices remote play works on are Sony branded phones and iPhones. It's not possible. If it were possible it would be on a raspberry pi or something similar.

11. pcwizard7
    OP

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 2, 2013
    Australia
    steam link for raspberry pi is on there and windows 10 ARM does support x86 apps they just won't perform as well on ARM machine

RednaxelaNnamtra likes this.
  12. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    The linux L4T release has done a lot of the groundwork for Android, they're waiting for nvidia to release updated drivers for a new android release.

The android remote play client can be made to run on non-sony devices, the hardest part is getting the controller working.

coppertj likes this.
  13. der:Tom

der:Tom GBAtemp Regular

Oct 3, 2008
    Austria
    That´s not quite right the remote play apk got hacked pretty fast you can use it on any Android phone not only the Sony ones.

14. Techjunky90

Techjunky90 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    You're wrong. The apk got hacked years ago and Sony put an end to that pretty quick. The only way to make it work now is to have a rooted phone & install Sony specific stuff. So yet again I am right and remote play on an arm device running Windows 10 is NOT going to work.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Not sure why you quoted me, I said nothing about Steam. I said remote play will not work and that's 100% correct.

15. stitchxd

stitchxd GBAtemp Fan

Apr 27, 2017
    United States
    nope
    the Microsoft store will have many exclusives only available to Windows 10 x86 and arm variants btw. Android would be amazing to see more of. Imagine PUBG Mobile or Call of Duty mobile with custom key bindings?!?!?

16. Techjunky90

Techjunky90 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    So you want to play a mobile game & cheat by using a controller? Such a noob thing to say/do.

17. iCEQB

iCEQB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 2, 2013
    United States
    Windows 10 on ARM is able to execute Win32 applications.
    Games that have 32 bit x86 binaries work juat fine.

monkeyman4412 likes this.
  18. stitchxd

stitchxd GBAtemp Fan

Apr 27, 2017
    United States
    nope
    If the game natively supports controller input (Modern Combat, PUBG Mobile, Fortnite, etc etc) its not a "noob thing to do". What would be noob is putting in keyboard and mouse support for these FPS games. Crazy advantage over everyone else. Arguably the controller and touch screen can be seen as similar input (in regard to how many fingers can be used, both can easily be used with 4 fingers.)

Shadow_man7 likes this.
  19. Techjunky90

Techjunky90 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    Last I heard using a controller/keyboard/mouse on mobile games like pubg fornite etc. get you banned. Which that could have changed, I don't play those games.

20. stitchxd

stitchxd GBAtemp Fan

Apr 27, 2017
    United States
    nope
    If it got you banned they wouldn't natively support them.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted