Misc Android coming to Switch Mariko this year?

haren724

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
FR

For some reason it won't let me wipe data only cache and system.When I try wipe data I get error.
Post automatically merged:

What I also don't get is why sometimes it boots into lineage and works no problems but when I've to do a restart it stucks in the animation boot loop.When that happens I keep turning the console off and on and try boot into it untill it boots and works again.I also get kernel panic on boot but it doesn't happen all the times sometimes it just boots normally?
same issue. then did you try a new build?

FR

For some reason it won't let me wipe data only cache and system.When I try wipe data I get error.

What I also don't get is why sometimes it boots into lineage and works no problems but when I've to do a restart it stucks in the animation boot loop.When that happens I keep turning the console off and on and try boot into it untill it boots and works again.I also get kernel panic on boot but it doesn't happen all the times sometimes it just boots normally?
try this new one built a moment ago.

and thanks again for makin's hard work. ♥️

Last edited by haren724,
Reactions: Sandmann

AlicatFit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hi folks just wanted to leave a quick update so eventually I was able to get lineage 18.1 relatively stable on the oled thanks to the guys from the 4pda website I used a build posted there.I only get kernel panic rarely now, it's the only error and I just press any key to skip it but most of the time it boots no problems.Once in lineage everything works stable..my attached Nyxi joycons work,play store works normally, I've never got any crashes,emulators work and It even runs half life 2 really well.I don't wanna discredit the person working on the official build but until that gets released the one found on 4pda works just fine and does what you'd expect it to do.

Side note I keep my Android on a separate 128gb sd card and I recommend anyone else do the same least till you get a built stable with the right files.

Ledforge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi folks just wanted to leave a quick update so eventually I was able to get lineage 18.1 relatively stable on the oled thanks to the guys from the 4pda website I used a build posted there.I only get kernel panic rarely now, it's the only error and I just press any key to skip it but most of the time it boots no problems.Once in lineage everything works stable..my attached Nyxi joycons work,play store works normally, I've never got any crashes,emulators work and It even runs half life 2 really well.I don't wanna discredit the person working on the official build but until that gets released the one found on 4pda works just fine and does what you'd expect it to do.

Side note I keep my Android on a separate 128gb sd card and I recommend anyone else do the same least till you get a built stable with the right files.
can you link the build you used on the 4pda site. i cant find it.

AlicatFit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Just type in on Google" 4pda lineage 18.1 Mariko or 4pda lineage 18.1 OLED" and it's the first links(then use the translate option in your browser also once you're in the main topic underneath at the bottom there's a search bar so you can type android 11 or lineage 18.1 if what you look for didn't show up) they've a few builds over there one of them I used is from a post saying Lineage 18.1 stable and it has a link just underneath it..just be careful with installation and also you will need a 4pda account to download them and that's a bit tricky with the captcha 😄

AlicatFit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Yeh I think android on the lite would be a good idea because of the form factor and one unit built-in controls.Does yours have a mod chip?If it does you could try flash it right now on a separate SD card so you could get an idea..the official build is not gonna be that much different than the currently available ones.
Its a good question. I waiting for Android for my switch lite. Just wanna test some emulation stuff.

If you found the files you're looking for make sure to first clean cache before you flash them and also for the first boot flash only the firmware and the Gapps in this order and once you do I suggest clean the cache again and then reboot into lineage.Once you test and it runs stable only then go back into recovery and flash magisik or whatever extras you might want to.

Last edited by AlicatFit,

Morricorne

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeh I think android on the lite would be a good idea because of the form factor and one unit built-in controls.Does yours have a mod chip?If it does you could try flash it right now on a separate SD card so you could get an idea..the official build is not gonna be that much different than the currently available ones.

If you found the files you're looking for make sure to first clean cache before you flash them and also for the first boot flash only the firmware and the Gapps in this order and once you do I suggest clean the cache again and then reboot into lineage.Once you test and it runs stable only then go back into recovery and flash magisik or whatever extras you might want to.
I have picofly installed. I use 250gb SD CARD with newest atmosphere. I have one free SD CARD 128gb what i can spare for Android use only. I tried Ubuntu and Fedora on my switch lite. But those linux are laggy.
I preffer full working Android build. What is already tested.

AlicatFit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I have picofly installed. I use 250gb SD CARD with newest atmosphere. I have one free SD CARD 128gb what i can spare for Android use only. I tried Ubuntu and Fedora on my switch lite. But those linux are laggy.
I preffer full working Android build. What is already tested.
I've Picofly oled here why would you even bother with the Linux? 😄I've a 128gb separate too where I keep the android.if you want to try run a build for testing go have a look on the 4pda page.

Morricorne

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've Picofly oled here why would you even bother with the Linux? 😄I've a 128gb separate too where I keep the android.if you want to try run a build for testing go have a look on the 4pda page.
I tried linux. Cause i want Dolphin emulator. In linux dolphin performance suck. Only for this i tried linux. I don't know russian. I only speak Polish and English.

Last edited by Morricorne,

AlicatFit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I tried linux. Cause i want Dolphin emulator. In linux dolphin performance suck. Only for this i tried linux. I don't know russian. I only speak Polish and English.
I don't speak it either but they are the best when it comes to hacking and stuff you can use the translate funtion in your browser and it'll translate everything 😄I can tell you dolphin on Android and I'm talking the mmjr won't do miracles it depends on the titles you're looking to emulate I only got android for like half life 2 and android titles and redream and drastic anything else you can literally setup on your cfw emunand (standalone PS1,PSP both run great and RetroArch of course)

Which Switch Versions would this work on? I have a Patched Switch, on 16.0

Which Switch Versions would this work on? I have a Patched Switch, on 16.0.3.
The unofficial works on 16.0.3

Reactions: Smoker1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: