RaynorBlackwood

OP
Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
Germany
That one bit thing is not good. You might have a damaged SDCard reader.

Let’s hope not. Try reseating the card and going back into Hekate.
nope i dont think my SD Card Reader in the Switch is damaged, maybe its cause of giving a Letter to the Partition and that made Hekate crazy.
Reseating? What does that mean?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope i dont think my SD Card Reader in the Switch is damaged, maybe its cause of giving a Letter to the Partition and that made Hekate crazy.
Reseating? What does that mean?
Typically you will see that notice if there is a miscommunication with the SdCard. If one of the electrical traces in the sd reader is physically broken it will do this, but it can also happen if one of the small connectors that touches the sd card isn’t quite touching and making a good connection. You can sometimes fix this by pulling the SDCard out and putting it back in so it will take a better “seat” in the sd card reader.

RaynorBlackwood

OP
Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
Germany
okay i did it, it works, and i can boot into Android, AMS, Lakka, RetroArch. There is just one thing i need to change, if i payload into Hekate with RCM Loader, i want to start with Hekate and not with just AMS at first, i want to choose at first where i want to boot on.
I think its just a .ini thing, i can solve it hopefully by my own. Thanks a lot for open my eye for this heavy Quest :D ... it was so easy to solve and i never notice that the partition had no letter ... im still learning.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay i did it, it works, and i can boot into Android, AMS, Lakka, RetroArch. There is just one thing i need to change, if i payload into Hekate with RCM Loader, i want to start with Hekate and not with just AMS at first, i want to choose at first where i want to boot on.
I think its just a .ini thing, i can solve it hopefully by my own. Thanks a lot for open my eye for this heavy Quest :D ... it was so easy to solve and i never notice that the partition had no letter ... im still learning.

see my notes about hekate_ipl.ini above. It changes the way it boots. You probably have autoboot=1 which is good for most times…leave it that way. To interrupt the boot hit (vol -) when you see the Hekate logo pop up and it will interrupt your boot and allow you to chose.

Get L4T working next! Then we can make it all look fancy With splash screens and cool icons.

Reactions: RaynorBlackwood

RaynorBlackwood

OP
Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
Germany
see my notes about hekate_ipl.ini above. It changes the way it boots. You probably have autoboot=1 which is good for most times…leave it that way. To interrupt the boot hit (vol -) when you see the Hekate logo pop up and it will interrupt your boot and allow you to chose.

Get L4T working next! Then we can make it all look fancy With splash screens and cool icons.

Okay, i want to know why i need to push "vol+" by payloading hekate, everytime it says there is anything missing, i dont know why.

Oh yesi would love to use all those fancy graphics, they look really cool, during the week i try to install ubuntu too.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, i want to know why i need to push "vol+" by payloading hekate, everytime it says there is anything missing, i dont know why.
not sure I understand. Are you talking about the key combo needed to get into RCM mode so you can inject a payload?
Oh yesi would love to use all those fancy graphics, they look really cool, during the week i try to install ubuntu too.
:-) we will get into that activity soon then. Ubuntu (L4T is even easier than Android)

RaynorBlackwood

OP
Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
Germany
not sure I understand. Are you talking about the key combo needed to get into RCM mode so you can inject a payload?

:-) we will get into that activity soon then. Ubuntu (L4T is even easier than Android)

It was to good to be true, after copy all content of my AMS Folder i cant play any game, just one and its Stardew Valley, i thaught its cause of SigPatches, but i was wrong, do you have any idea why? I leaved emuNAND, because of missing files in emunand folder and after booting normally to CFW, Games doesnt work, except Stardew Valley, any ideas?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was to good to be true, after copy all content of my AMS Folder i cant play any game, just one and its Stardew Valley, i thaught its cause of SigPatches, but i was wrong, do you have any idea why? I leaved emuNAND, because of missing files in emunand folder and after booting normally to CFW, Games doesnt work, except Stardew Valley, any ideas?
When packages work they are awesome but when they break…

So, this is probably a FW mismatch.

What FW and Atmosphere are you currently running?

A nice and easy way to “fix” is to run through these:

https://rentry.org/EristaEmuNAND

once that’s working, then do this:

https://rentry.org/UpgradeDowngrade

that should do it.

RaynorBlackwood

OP
Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
Germany
When packages work they are awesome but when they break…

So, this is probably a FW mismatch.

What FW and Atmosphere are you currently running?

A nice and easy way to “fix” is to run through these:

https://rentry.org/EristaEmuNAND

once that’s working, then do this:

https://rentry.org/UpgradeDowngrade

that should do it.

Im using 14.1.0 with AMS 1.3.2
I deactivated emuNAND and was booting AMS 14.1.0, shouldnt be a problem.

I will take a look on the the links.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im using 14.1.0 with AMS 1.3.2
I deactivated emuNAND and was booting AMS 14.1.0, shouldnt be a problem.

I will take a look on the the links.
Good deal. Clearly something isn’t right so you will need to use the links as a guide to redo each step. Once complete you will be 100% matching and if there are issues after that (there shouldn’t be BTW) then it will be easier to troubleshoot, knowing that we’re using a common baseline.

RaynorBlackwood

OP
Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
Germany
Good deal. Clearly something isn’t right so you will need to use the links as a guide to redo each step. Once complete you will be 100% matching and if there are issues after that (there shouldn’t be BTW) then it will be easier to troubleshoot, knowing that we’re using a common baseline.

The Links doesnt help by this issue, i will try to fix it by myself somehow.

But thanks a lot! Until i fixed it, i will come back here.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Links doesnt help by this issue, i will try to fix it by myself somehow.

But thanks a lot! Until i fixed it, i will come back here.

You went through each step? That guide completely re does all the CFW software on the system by hand. If that doesn’t fix it then there is something horribly wrong with your machine (which I don’t believe is the case)

Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

RaynorBlackwood

OP
Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
Germany
You went through each step? That guide completely re does all the CFW software on the system by hand. If that doesn’t fix it then there is something horribly wrong with your machine (which I don’t believe is the case)

Nah its everything fine with my "machine" i reinstalled all games and it works so far, i just need to fix RetroArch and im done, after this we can start with Ubuntu and trying to check my emuNAND.

Reactions: binkinator

RaynorBlackwood

OP
Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
Germany
could i get away with using a spare SD if i have one?
that way i can have an SD for Atmosphere and one for Android?
Sure, thats what i did before, but it isnt recommended to change the sd card over and over, it could damage the card reader in your switch.

Last edited by RaynorBlackwood,
  • Love

RaynorBlackwood

OP
Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
Germany
Now im ready for L4T but, im not sure if i set up l4t partition with hekate, so i just try to install ubuntu and see if it works. The bootloader.zip and graphics.zip is already implemented on my sd card, thanl you, looks great!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now im ready for L4T but, im not sure if i set up l4t partition with hekate, so i just try to install ubuntu and see if it works. The bootloader.zip and graphics.zip is already implemented on my sd card, thanl you, looks great!
I’m pretty sure we saw it in the partitions you shared earlier. Roll the dice and see if you get lucky!

• Love

RaynorBlackwood

OP
Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
Germany
Oh damn, i checked my sd card with hekate and saw there isnt any blue partition, aaawww ... I got everything now ready and dont want to wipe everything again, so i will give it a try another time, but thank you thank you for opening my eyes! Next i can do it on my own, and maybe this helps other people by doing this 🥰🤙

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh damn, i checked my sd card with hekate and saw there isnt any blue partition, aaawww ... I got everything now ready and dont want to wipe everything again, so i will give it a try another time, but thank you thank you for opening my eyes! Next i can do it on my own, and maybe this helps other people by doing this 🥰🤙
It won't show up in blue in Hekate. It will be part of the Orange (unformatted.) If you don't have a blank partition then L4T won't install. In other words the image files need a place to go and they will NOT overwrite your Android partitions. If the "Image L4T" button is enabled and pressable...it means you have the image files in the right place and an appropriate blank partition of the right size available, so go ahead and press it.

just remembered…the pics I shared earlier had all 4 partitions defined.

1) my partitions being set up

image1.jpg

2) what those partitions looked like after it was done formatting.

image2.jpg

3) What those partitions (with no blue in the second pic) looked like to another tool. See disk 5 with 2 x 8G partitions.

1652573787692.png

I believe you’re all set to give it a go.

Last edited by binkinator,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr