Android Android Alarm Clock

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have the Xperia Play with Android 2.3 and have a problem with its built in alarm clock. It doesn't work when the phone is off. Even my 5 year old Nokia phone has an alarm clock that even works when the phone is off.

How come? Am I doing something wrong?

Is there maybe an alternative in the market?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
No alternative alarm clock on the Android market will be able to boot the phone when it's time to wake up.

It's just the way Android is, I guess. It's not a problem, it's built like that.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Correct me if I'm wrong... but I would've thought that smartphones are not designed to be turned on by any random app when it's off. Something to do with saving the already limited battery power it has.

Then again, I never turn it off, so I never get into that problem. If I ever need it to be quiet, that's what the volume button is for. If I ever need to stop signals, that's what airplane mode is for.

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
prowler_ said:
No alternative alarm clock on the Android market will be able to boot the phone when it's time to wake up.

It's just the way Android is, I guess. It's not a problem, it's built like that.
Wow, didn't expect that. As mentioned before even my 5 year old cell phone and of course the iPhone can do it
rolleyes.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
just stick it on the charger before you go to bed, that is what i do with my android phone, and yeah it's a real pain you can't switch off recent phones becasue some people like to keep thier phone off while they sleep, so the only option is to put it on silent, the alarm should still go off regardless.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i never turn my phone off, it feels like an old idea to even turn off your phone, why would you? when u just leave your phone on standby, the battery it uses it minimal, and i charge my phone every night

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alarm Clock Extreme MAY be able to. I'm not sure. But why turn it off? Plug it into the charger and let it go. There's no reason to turn it off...

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Gotta agree with the others; I never turn my phone off, unless it's needed for actually flashing it or something and unless you need to reduce battery consumption even closer to 0% there's no need to turn it off. If you're conserving battery life so much you need to turn it off you probably wouldn't use the alarm clock anyway.

Older phones could also be held by the aerial; you can't do that anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol