Hacking Android 10 Switchroot Build

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Docking broke in Q.
OpenGL generally worked in Oreo and Pie, but it's completely broken in Q afaik(fwiw last time I tried was a few days before it was publicly buildable, but I've been told it hasn't changed).
Q is just as fast as Pie was ;p

ah there you go . Was going to say i was sure docking worked in my pie build, although its been a while since ive used it.
I have no clue with Q, so ill take your word for it ;).
I think the later OpenGL versions didn’t work work in either.
I remember for Dolphin having to use Vulkan.

Last edited by Basketto,

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really guys. Not looking for any attention. I only put it up because it took 18 hours for me to compile, so I thought that that may have been the reason most people weren't using it. I posted it (not released) it because it's awesome. I suppose for me I understand that its not in a completed state but happy to preview. But I suppose that even though I do roam around here lot and see a lot of threads go in this direction, thought maybe people would just take it for what it is, a preview build.

Have taken it down, I did not mean to cause issue. But reading through it I can already see my posting it is causing other people to have to answer questions that they are not ready to. Apologies @ZachyCatGames. Awesome guide though.
I wouldn't be too surprised if they make an official build sometime soon-ish tbh shrugs

I don't really mind answering questions :P
I was more worried about people bitching that shit was broken and a bunch of people with a lack of debugging and/or android/linux experience would try to "test" it.
And thanks :P

Edit: removed part I didn't intend to save/be in the message

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,

mitts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
(And initially that it was going against the devs wishes... though bylaws said he doesn't really care shrug)

Because he literally doesn't care. It doesn't mean that the signal to noise ratio won't go trashy (it will). It just means an ability to ignore. Net result is still frustration for many.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Not really guys. Not looking for any attention. I only put it up because it took 18 hours for me to compile, so I thought that that may have been the reason most people weren't using it.

16GB of RAM is considered minimum, and a fast SSD also helps considerably. My build times are considerably below 3h but I didn't care to time it rigorously as some sort of benchmark.

JJO192

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Because he literally doesn't care. It doesn't mean that the signal to noise ratio won't go trashy (it will). It just means an ability to ignore. Net result is still frustration for many.

16GB of RAM is considered minimum, and a fast SSD also helps considerably. My build times are considerably below 3h but I didn't care to time it rigorously as some sort of benchmark.
Yeah I didn’t want to use my main rig for it so I left it on a low end laptop with VM.

DragarX

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Anybody got a copy of the build they can PM me? I'm quite competent with Android and willing to help find and fix bugs. I've worked on various builds of android for obscure devices such as set top boxes, micro pcs and watches.

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Anybody got a copy of the build they can PM me? I'm quite competent with Android and willing to help find and fix bugs. I've worked on various builds of android for obscure devices such as set top boxes, micro pcs and watches.

its can be found on the switchroot discord/ gitlabs

Reactions: DragarX

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@JJO192 Don't take any of this to heart. Everything you did was from a good place imo, when asked by some people to remove you removed it so all is well with the world :)

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go build it from the gitlab so you can help out! Having someone elses build that wont be updated wont help progress.

makinator66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
impossible to install
1602909442-20201017-062452.jpg

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to try it
Can someone build it and upload it?
sorry for my poor english
you have to build it yourself. Thats why OP took down his build.

Look everyone. This build is not ready for the public. OP didnt make android 10 run on the switch. The switchroot team did.

This build currently has these issues and maybe more:
Sleep of death: the switch will literally go into a panic mode and it will require a force shutdown. It will drain battery so have fun with that.
Dock does not work. Enjoy that working 1/5th of the time MAYBE
There is no emulated mouse (I dont now if this was in 8.1 but it was sure in pie)
Bluetooth seems to crash for some.
opengl doesnt work
Most people seem to not be able to boot with magisk. Just a black screen
If you actually have rotation (I doubt this one does) it will have weird graphic glitches when turning the device
wifi will most likely get disabled when you attempt to put it to sleep

You see how broken this is? Its not even ready for the public but this post made it seem like it is. Dont share builds because you will get pissed off that it doesnt work properly and you will most likely complain to the devs. No one wants to hear it. We all know it doesnt work. Build it yourself if you really want to use it.

does not work
I still manage to install android pie
might as well stick with pie. Q is broken. see the post above

just mount all of them
it works better if you dont mess with mounting at all. Mine flashes fine but I built mine with patches to avoid having issues with flashing :rofl2:

Reactions: mitts

sergio_prado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Due to the nature of the build being an early build, alot of the main features are still in the works. With this I am taking it down to allow time for a more stable version that everyone can enjoy with better support.

Apologies for causing a ruckus and for anyone that have the build currently, please keep in mind that this build in incomplete and comes with no support.

For everyone else, my reasoning behind the upload was more to do with not having seen a release or update for a while. With the build I was able to see some of the issues and fix a few issues. The idea was to have others investigate the issues and try to contribute to the current build and test out some cool stuff. But of course it turns more into people having issue with the problems.

Thanks again guys.
Hello, can you PM me the link?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...