And then suddenly sonic generations was on PC

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great?

Honestly, I don't know how Sonic the Hedgehog can still have a fanbase. How many terrible games does Sega have to release (with very few exceptions) before people just stop buying it already?
After Sonic Colours, people seem to be more hopeful. I played Generations a bit, seems good enough.

Alright, so Colors is one of those exceptions. Still, there was Sonic Unleashed, Sonic 2006, the Wii Games (Arabian Nights + Black Knight, i think they are called), Sonic Riders, etc. beforehand.

Any other franchise not riding on the curtails of nostalgia (that would be my guess as to why people keep buying it) would have bought it after just one of those games, let alone all of them.
Too true, but nostalgia is quite powerful, obviously. Just one Colours is enough to spark hope for another.

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Great?

Honestly, I don't know how Sonic the Hedgehog can still have a fanbase. How many terrible games does Sega have to release (with very few exceptions) before people just stop buying it already?
After Sonic Colours, people seem to be more hopeful. I played Generations a bit, seems good enough.

Alright, so Colors is one of those exceptions. Still, there was Sonic Unleashed, Sonic 2006, the Wii Games (Arabian Nights + Black Knight, i think they are called), Sonic Riders, etc. beforehand.

Any other franchise not riding on the curtails of nostalgia (that would be my guess as to why people keep buying it) would have bought it after just one of those games, let alone all of them.

Actually sonic unleashed for PS3 and 360 were pretty fun and cool games. the wii version was dragged down by werehog levels, and the PS2 version was borderline unplayable though.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't a fan of Unleashed, to say the least. I mean, "werehog" (It's the new werepanther). That terrible hangs over the game, eclipsing any of its other positive or negative aspects.

As for nostalgia... that just can't be enough. Let's say the Sonic Franchise is a sinking boat, and Colors is a pocket of air. After sinking into the watery abyss for so long, it must be a relief to have something in your lungs that isn't freezing water. Still, the ship's still sinking, and that little silver lining won't last long enough. Make your peace with what was, and what happened, and move on to another, better boat - one that hopefully has someone competent behind the wheel.

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
looked at many reviews, seen many clips.
Even IGN is on this game's side.
Come on, this game just can't be bad.

Maplemage

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
XP
Country
D

Deleted_171835

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat