Hacking An OPEN SOURCE backup launcher has been created

HowardC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
buby78 said:
i have waninkoko beta it ok i tried this one it works i had problem with mario super sluger got the green screen but now it plays it takes time to load but it plays so good work and thankyou thankyou psycon for the link to get the dol
grog.gif
gbasp.gif

Yeah, this loader has much greater compatability. Many games that I couldn't get to boot with the other one boot this time. Loading still takes forever, but all games I have tried seem to be fully playable and glitch free.

Now I had a question..... Do you think it'd ever be possible to have the channel load the banner from the disc like the real disc channel does? I expect it'd require some funny business as the dvdx library would be needed to access the files.

Jordan10la

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
OK first off this is great news. Now what will I need to do? What hardware do I need? Do I need any gecko hardware? Or just modded software? Also what is this I need to compile?
psycon said:
I confirm this works, here is the compiled dol.

http://rapidshare.com/files/148759392/geckoos.dol.html
Is that it compiled for me?
What else do I need? I'm a little lost here...
Also what is this:
QUOTE(ciper @ Sep 27 2008, 04:32 PM) I must say the unofficial channel version of this tool is extremely clean and easy to use. I can't imagine how much better this will get when a new version is released!

Another thing that confuses me is all the talk of different releases here and different .dol's which one should I use? Which ones are official?
I may be making no sense here but it's just that I'm a little lost. I'm hoping a nice guide by one can come up soon.

ciper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first one you linked is a DOL file that you can launch from the Hombrew Channel

The channel version is a wad file that installs as a channel.

Choose one!

Jordan10la

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ciper said:
The first one you linked is a DOL file that you can launch from the Hombrew Channel

The channel version is a wad file that installs as a channel.

Choose one!
So they do the same thing just two different methods? Also about the gecko and the compile?

Jordan10la

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

wackygoose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
is it easy to install and play backup games?

i might give it a try but i dont have an wii... a friend of mine have and im affraid to cause any damage hehe but she only have guitar hero and wii sports ...

mobad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure what I did wrong.

I first ran the cIOS Clone Installer and installed IOS249.
Then I ran DVDx and did an advanced install of IOS249.
I then patched SMG NTSC with Waninkoko's patcher and burned it at 4x on TDK DVD-R using Brasero and I think it was finalized.
Then I inserted the disk and ran WiiGator's backup loader and tried to launch the disk.
The error I get is "DVD Identify Failed". (Note it does not boot.)

Can anyone point out what I'm doing wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work